Author Topic: Trump Tells Advisers He Wants U.S. Out of Syria: Senior Officials  (Read 603 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (Reuters) - President Donald Trump is telling advisers he wants an early exit of U.S. troops from Syria, two senior administration officials said on Friday, a stance that may put him at odds with many top U.S. officials.

Trump is spending Easter weekend at his Palm Beach, Florida, estate. During a speech in Richfield, Ohio on Thursday, he revealed his desire to withdraw U.S. forces from Syria and turn over security to regional countries.

He said that based on allied victories against Islamic State militants, "We'll be coming out of Syria, like, very soon."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tells-advisers-wants-u-syria-senior-officials-000715169.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump Tells Advisers He Wants U.S. Out of Syria: Senior Officials
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 02:10:42 am »
Trump's view on Syria may put him at odds with those of former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton, named by Trump a week ago to replace H.R. McMaster as White House national security adviser."  The caliphate in Syria & Iraq is gone, but #ISIS’s terrorist activities will continue and #Iran is becoming a bigger player in the region," Bolton tweeted last Oct. 20 when he was a national security analyst.

He's putting Bolton in the potential position to pull a Wilbur Ross.  From earlier this month...

Todd asked to clarify if this is happening “the way he said it.” Ross told him, “Whatever his final decision is is what will happen.”

Todd said, “Meaning this isn’t a done deal.”

Ross explained, “I didn’t say that. I just said what he has said he has said. If he says something different, it’ll be something different. I have no reason to think he’s going to change.”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Trump Tells Advisers He Wants U.S. Out of Syria: Senior Officials
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 03:49:59 am »
Will this create a power vacuum?!?!?
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw