Author Topic: DNC’s Keith Ellison announces support for government-funded universal basic income  (Read 725 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

BPR Wire
Peter Hasson
March 29, 2018

Democratic Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison, deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), voiced support on Wednesday for a government-funded universal basic income.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/03/29/dncs-keith-ellison-announces-support-for-government-funded-universal-basic-income-618545

I am continually amazed at how little Liberals know about basic economics. If the Dems gave every person in America a million dollars, then a million dollars would instantly become worthless. It would instantly become the lowest level on the economic scale and inflation would skyrocket to the moon.

They don't seem to understand how the 'value' of a dollar works. The value of money is based on its scarcity. If dollars start falling from the sky with no effort required to obtain them, people would start burning dollars to keep warm. It simply doesn't work economically.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

BPR Wire
Peter Hasson
March 29, 2018

Democratic Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison, deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), voiced support on Wednesday for a government-funded universal basic income.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/03/29/dncs-keith-ellison-announces-support-for-government-funded-universal-basic-income-618545

I am continually amazed at how little Liberals know about basic economics. If the Dems gave every person in America a million dollars, then a million dollars would instantly become worthless. It would instantly become the lowest level on the economic scale and inflation would skyrocket to the moon.

They don't seem to understand how the 'value' of a dollar works. The value of money is based on its scarcity. If dollars start falling from the sky with no effort required to obtain them, people would start burning dollars to keep warm. It simply doesn't work economically.

The most amazing part of this article is were the author admits to be continually amazed at how much liberals are ignorant of basic economics
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The most amazing part of this article is were the author admits to be continually amazed at how much liberals are ignorant of basic economics

No, that just my comment on the article. Not by the author who wrote it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This was the US Communist big agenda in the mid 20th century. They didn't want a Soviet style communism, they wanted to bring it in under a guise like this.

At that, if you read into Cloward/Piven beyond the strategy, this was the goal.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There are even some highly respected people on the political right, who advise looking at this.

Charles Murray is on such person.

Part of the reason goes like this: If certain folks wind up getting housing, school meals, health care, etc.

Why not lump it all together into one payment, which is cheaper to administer?

Am I pushing for this? No. Am I suggesting an understanding of the arguments, yes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

I love this idea. TO pay for it all of the Libs favorite companies are going to have to give all their profits to Uncle Sam to pay for it. That will really cut down on huge campaign checks to the Leftists favorite causes.