Author Topic: As Medicare cracks down on opiods, doctors worry patients will suffer  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: As Medicare cracks down on opiods, doctors worry patients will suffer
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 05:20:23 am »
@roamer_1

I just ordered turmeric ginger tea and white willow bark tincture.  I'll start them when I get them in two/three days.  Thanks for telling me about turmeric and white willow bark. Will report to you after I give them time to work.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 05:40:20 am »
@roamer_1

I just ordered turmeric ginger tea and white willow bark tincture.  I'll start them when I get them in two/three days.  Thanks for telling me about turmeric and white willow bark. Will report to you after I give them time to work.

@Victoria33
Good - But way more effective to buy your own ingredients and make your own.

1" Turmeric root, peeled, comparative ginger root, peeled.

put a little coconut oil or butter in the bottom of a pan, and cook down the roots. slow and low, do not fry. Like carrot, they will become mash-able. mash em up.
pour in a large coffee cup of milk (red cap, not blue or white), turn the heat up a bit and treat like hot chocolate... do not boil or you will get a skin. When hot, it will turn golden yellow.
Stir in 1/8 teaspoon or so of black pepper. Strain into the coffee cup... A little butter will smooth it out, and a dash of nutmeg is nice on top.

MUST have fats and pepper with turmeric for full effect.

Careful easing into willow bark. it is basically aspirin, but far more effective. And it is hard on your belly. a little cream helps.

Consult your doc for both.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:41:29 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 05:41:35 am »
@GtHawk

You said: "What if they require an office visit? Now the person in pain has to suffer through the trip to the Dr. office sitting in uncomfortable seating aggravating the pain while keeping the Dr. from seeing patients that actually need to see the Dr. for illness."

That is just it - when my back muscles seize, I can't move due to the intense pain.  There is no way I could even get to the car to go to the doctor.  That isn't going to happen. I just ordered turmeric tea and white willow bark that roamer uses because I must have something that works when Killer Trump stops our medicine in January.  I will see my doctor in two months to renew prescriptions and will talk to him about this.  He hates the extra paper work he already has to go through to give me the hydrocodone.  He hates the government getting into his business.

I hope our talking about this here, will be beneficial to others reading this.  No one should wait until the last minute of December, before taking action to find a way to subdue their pain.

And, I hope Trump gets impeached and I hope he has mega pain and can't get pain pills.  He will be responsible for people committing suicide because they can't stop their pain.  He is a sociopath, a person without a soul, no empathy for anyone except himself.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 05:46:18 am »
@roamer_1

Will talk to doctor in a couple of months, actually one month as I think that is when I run out of pills, and we will talk about this.  Am copying what you just wrote.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 06:00:45 am »
@roamer_1

Will talk to doctor in a couple of months, actually one month as I think that is when I run out of pills, and we will talk about this.  Am copying what you just wrote.

Good. Hope it helps. If it doesn't, don't give up. There are tons of ways, from herbs to chiropractors and acupuncture.

Another thing I will soon have at my disposal is a hot tub. 20 minutes in that will knock the pain right out of me. Always has... The problem is, it has to be here, where I can get out, shower, and fall right into bed.

So don't give up, and use every little thing that brings relief... Somewhere in the aggregate, you will find your way... Best of luck