Author Topic: Holy Cross Theology Professor Says Jesus Was a ‘Drag King’ with ‘Queer Desires’  (Read 709 times)

rangerrebew

Holy Cross Theology Professor Says Jesus Was a ‘Drag King’ with ‘Queer Desires’

by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.28 Mar 201819,645
The theology program at the Jesuit-run College of the Holy Cross has taken on a new tone ever since the school appointed a gender-obsessed Chair of New Testament Studies who claims Jesus was a “drag king,” a new article contends.

Writing for The Fenwick Review, Elinor Reilly of the Holy Cross class of 2018 argues in a March 26 article that Professor Tat-Siong Benny Liew’s “unconventional readings of Scripture” have brought “a new theological perspective to Holy Cross.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/28/holy-cross-theology-professor-says-jesus-drag-king-queer-desires/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Say that about Muhammad, I dare you.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

A religion professor at a small church-affiliated college near me infamously taught her students that the account of Jesus washing the feet of His disciples was  euphemism for His having homosexual relations with them. Apparenty, this nut has a similar interpretation:
... Reading everything through the lens of gender, Professor Liew finds sex in the most unlikely places in the life of Jesus. The episode of Jesus washing the apostles’ feet at the Last Supper, for example, is “suggestive,” like “a literary striptease,” and “even seductive,” because it “shows and withholds at the same time,” he claims.  ...

Benny
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Not at all a new concept. I've been hearing that Jesus was gay, mostly from loony Leftists, since I was a kid. Many of the hippies in the 60s took this idea seriously. The theory is that is why he was so 'gentle'. But yeah, it may be gaining new legs with some, but it is an old concept.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Holy Cross Theology Professor Says Jesus Was a ‘Drag King’ with ‘Queer Desires’

by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.28 Mar 201819,645
The theology program at the Jesuit-run College of the Holy Cross has taken on a new tone ever since the school appointed a gender-obsessed Chair of New Testament Studies who claims Jesus was a “drag king,” a new article contends.

Writing for The Fenwick Review, Elinor Reilly of the Holy Cross class of 2018 argues in a March 26 article that Professor Tat-Siong Benny Liew’s “unconventional readings of Scripture” have brought “a new theological perspective to Holy Cross.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/28/holy-cross-theology-professor-says-jesus-drag-king-queer-desires/

On the same day the Pope declares there is no hell.   Hmmmmm.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

The Pope, apparently, has joined forces with "Bishop" Carlton Pearson.  **nononono*

Online Polly Ticks

The Pope, apparently, has joined forces with "Bishop" Carlton Pearson.  **nononono*

I visited Higher D a few times in the late 1980's.  Carlton Pearson was okay back then, but Jerome and his sanctified saxophone could rock the house.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

I went to college with Pearson and only can assume he lost his mind.

Online Polly Ticks

I went to college with Pearson and only can assume he lost his mind.

Apparently so, yes.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to Him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for the image of mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen".

- Romans 1:21-14
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775