Author Topic: David Hogg Wants a Boycott of Laura Ingraham's Advertisers  (Read 1620 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
David Hogg Wants a Boycott of Laura Ingraham's Advertisers
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:51:30 pm »

Parkland activist David Hogg is calling for a boycott of Laura Ingraham’s advertisers after the Fox News host made a comment about some of his college rejections, which he openly discussed in an interview with TMZ.

“David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)” Ingraham tweeted along with a link to a DailyWire story about the rejections.

Hogg was turned down by four University of California schools--Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Irvine.

The Parkland activist responded by calling on his supporters to contact her advertisers.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/03/29/parkland-activist-calls-on-supporters-to-target-laura-ingrahams-advertisersheres-how-kyle-kashuv-responded-n2465877
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: David Hogg Wants a Boycott of Laura Ingraham's Advertisers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 12:54:25 pm »
LOL. This little Brown Shirt thinks he has power and influence. How quaint.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 12:58:01 pm »
This reeks of an Angelo Carusone stunt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 01:05:08 pm »
The mouse that roared.
Countdown to Resignation

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 01:34:57 pm »
LOL. This little Brown Shirt thinks he has power and influence. How quaint.

Because the press and the left have convinced him of such
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 01:44:40 pm »
What, like Sleep Number, Blinds.com, Pro Flowers and all the other advertisers that buy ads on multiple conservative shows?  They won't care about Hogg.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:45:08 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 06:51:19 pm »
And yet before she apologized, several advertisers announced they were pulling ads from Laura Ingraham’s show including TripAdvisor, Nutrish, Expedia, and Wayfair.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/tripadvisor-drops-laura-ingraham-after-she-attacked-parkland-activist.html

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:51:53 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 06:54:50 pm »
And yet before she apologized, several advertisers announced they were pulling ads from Laura Ingraham’s show including TripAdvisor, Nutrish, Expedia, and Wayfair.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/tripadvisor-drops-laura-ingraham-after-she-attacked-parkland-activist.html

Do any of those companies actually advertise on her show? Every time this shit happens, turns out most of the people saying they are cutting advertising never did in the first place. They just wanted free press.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:02:20 pm »
Do any of those companies actually advertise on her show? Every time this shit happens, turns out most of the people saying they are cutting advertising never did in the first place. They just wanted free press.

I don't watch her show so I can't confirm they are actual advertisers, but it's been widely reported with tweets and statements from companies that they were pulling their advertising.  I recognize the tin foil hat community will likely call it a conspiracy of lies, but something clearly caused her to apologize, and I think it's MUCH more likely to be the loss of advertisers than a sudden bout of conscience or guilt.  JMO.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 09:02:06 pm »
I don't watch her show so I can't confirm they are actual advertisers, but it's been widely reported with tweets and statements from companies that they were pulling their advertising.  I recognize the tin foil hat community will likely call it a conspiracy of lies, but something clearly caused her to apologize, and I think it's MUCH more likely to be the loss of advertisers than a sudden bout of conscience or guilt.  JMO.
Hogg refuses to accept the apology, too.

Time for a lawsuit, I think.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 09:12:49 pm »
Hogg refuses to accept the apology, too.

Time for a lawsuit, I think.

He never wanted an apology in the first place. This little community organizing Brown Shirt with his fist clenched in the air won't be happy unless he can silence her and drive her off the airwaves.

It's what Marxists like him do. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 09:25:38 pm »
I recognize the tin foil hat community will likely call it a conspiracy of lies, but something clearly caused her to apologize, and I think it's MUCH more likely to be the loss of advertisers than a sudden bout of conscience or guilt.  JMO.

Well your opinion is half baked shit if you do not have any real answers. When Beck, Rush and Hannity were boycotted, 50 or more companies claimed to have stopped advertising on their shows when in fact less then 5% of them even were associated with the shows. It is right out of the Leftists playbook to make a nothingburger look like a big deal.

This whole boycott thing is a scam.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 11:16:46 pm »
He never wanted an apology in the first place. This little community organizing Brown Shirt with his fist clenched in the air won't be happy unless he can silence her and drive her off the airwaves.

It's what Marxists like him do.
Just like Sandra Fluke. Anoint oneself the victim, then when they get called out on it, make the person doing the calling out the bully and attack their way of living.

Somebody ought to point out that Hogg, who still lives off his high-income parents, is attacking an adult's livelihood, something he does not yet have to worry about losing.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Concerned

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 11:29:37 pm »
Well your opinion is half baked shit if you do not have any real answers. When Beck, Rush and Hannity were boycotted, 50 or more companies claimed to have stopped advertising on their shows when in fact less then 5% of them even were associated with the shows. It is right out of the Leftists playbook to make a nothingburger look like a big deal.

This whole boycott thing is a scam.

If you have undeniable proof that no advertisers have reported to have stopped advertising her show, please post it. I suspect you won't as usual.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 12:44:26 am »
Hulu pulls ads from Laura Ingraham's show

Johnson & Johnson to remove ads from Ingraham's show
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 12:54:46 am »
I’m pretty sure Johnson abandoned Ingraham a while ago.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 12:57:34 am »
Hulu pulls ads from Laura Ingraham's show

Johnson & Johnson to remove ads from Ingraham's show

All this shit is feeding this little peckerwood's ego.   He will eat this up and be further emboldened.  It will be his down fall.  Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 01:03:20 am »
If you have undeniable proof that no advertisers have reported to have stopped advertising her show, please post it. I suspect you won't as usual.

Prove that something didn't happen?  Good luck with that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 01:04:47 am »
All this shit is feeding this little peckerwood's ego.   He will eat this up and be further emboldened.  It will be his down fall.  Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen.

I can’t wait until he’s part of the MeeToo movement - with complaints from men.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 01:05:07 am »

I just emailed Wayfair who I have done business with..told them never again.

You are right this will only embolden this little jerk to pull this on others who have the courage to speak out against this pig.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 01:26:11 am »
My wife mentioned how hypocritical it is for the left to tell us that this kid, who they thrust into the political spotlight, should not be criticized or attacked while he attacks everyone who disagrees with him while they went after Palin’s children
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 01:32:44 am »
Well, I'll be darned, I'm agreeing with Erick Erickson.
Erick Erickson
‏Verified account @EWErickson
2h2 hours ago

They don’t just want to take your guns away, they’ll take you off the air too if they can. And they say the right is pushing fascism. They only allow one view and corporations must adhere or else. But the trains will be on time.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org