Author Topic: House GOP to push balanced budget amendment after recess: report  (Read 1339 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House GOP to push balanced budget amendment after recess: report
By Julia Manchester - 03/28/18 08:47 AM EDT

House Republicans will push for a balanced budget amendment after they return from recess, according to a report from Politico.

The report follows the passage of the $1.3 trillion omnibus package to fund the government through September.

That bill was ripped by conservatives in the House and Senate, and President Trump vowed to never approve a similar bill again.

Calls for a balanced-budget amendment have waxed and waned through the years, with growing support from the Tea Party movement that first helped elect a class of conservatives to Congress in 2010.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/380604-house-gop-to-push-balanced-budget-amendment-after-passing-13t-budget-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

Re: House GOP to push balanced budget amendment after recess: report
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:31:04 pm »
Combined with the GOP's tax-cut bill, the spending has also caused projections for the deficit to spike. Annual interest payments on U.S. debt could hit $1 trillion at the end of the decade.

Annual interest payments reaching $1T would be problematic for fiscal budgeting and our economy.  I'd love to see a Balanced Budget Amendment and love to see the President use his bully pulpit to support it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:33:03 pm »
What a joke.

Of course they are... Just in time for another election...

Pay attention to what we say, not what we do...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:28:16 pm »
Calls for a balanced-budget amendment have waxed and waned through the years, with growing support from the Tea Party movement that first helped elect a class of conservatives to Congress in 2010.

Those so-called 'conservatives' promptly sold out their TEA Party supporters the day after taking office.  For the next six years, they gave Obama everything he wanted.  And now with Trump in office, their deficit spending has actually increased.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 10:49:53 pm »
LOL, what a bunch of losers. We all know it's a con game. Repubs showed their hand by passing that
omnibus 1.3 Trillion spending bill. Now that they ripped off the tax payer and add 2T to the debt
they want to pretend to be fiscal conservatives. No sale!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 10:53:25 pm »
LOL. The GOP is a clown car full of stupid if they think anyone is going to buy this shit.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 11:49:51 pm »
Annual interest payments reaching $1T would be problematic for fiscal budgeting and our economy.  I'd love to see a Balanced Budget Amendment and love to see the President use his bully pulpit to support it.

And I would love to support your vision, as long as a "balanced budget amendment" included a maximum federal budget ... or federally mandated..I.E. regulations of 10% GDP.

Military should be 60% of that.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 11:58:10 pm »
And I would love to support your vision, as long as a "balanced budget amendment" included a maximum federal budget ... or federally mandated..I.E. regulations of 10% GDP.

Military should be 60% of that.

And if your proposal makes perfect sense, the President could support it. Sadly he hasn't so far. I think we need a President who's going to shake things up like demanding a balanced budget and supporting term limits. Hopefully we'll eventually get such a transformational President. Unfortunately I'm afraid that is unlikely in my lifetime.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 12:02:22 am »
And if your proposal makes perfect sense, the President could support it. Sadly he hasn't so far. I think we need a President who's going to shake things up like demanding a balanced budget and supporting term limits. Hopefully we'll eventually get such a transformational President. Unfortunately I'm afraid that is unlikely in my lifetime.

I’m afraid we may be at the point that in order to get any fiscal sanity, it’s going to require a dictator
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 12:27:11 am »
I’m afraid we may be at the point that in order to get any fiscal sanity, it’s going to require a dictator

MAGA
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 12:43:18 am »
 :silly:

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 12:51:12 am »
 8detect8
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 12:55:31 am »
:silly:

I,m Sanguine... with the right one.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 01:23:34 am »

I,m Sanguine... with the right one.

Uh huh.  We'll see.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »
8detect8

Lucy’s teeing up the football for Charlie Brown.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 07:18:26 pm »
Hubris and a diversion.

Last time fiscal responsibility to control budget was made by sequestering, which did not make it through the howling about military spending and was erased.

Same will happen here in this smoke and mirrors game of the cigar chompers sipping Cognac.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 07:22:42 pm »
Fool me once, shame on you..
Fool me twice, shame on me...
Fool me 20 times, I should be institutionalized if I keep believing you.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 07:59:42 pm »

Or a complete financial collapse
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 03:08:55 am »
Kabuki theater.

Not a chance this could pass this Congress.
Probably could not pass ANY Congress.

Fearless prediction:
The only way a Constitutional Amendment will EVER be passed is by way of an Article V Convention of the States.

Other than that, fuhgeddaboutit.