Author Topic: Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet? - Pat Buchanan  (Read 706 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet? - Pat Buchanan
« on: March 29, 2018, 03:31:09 am »
Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet?
By Patrick J. Buchanan

The last man standing between the U.S. and war with Iran may be a four-star general affectionately known to his Marines as “Mad Dog.”

Gen. James Mattis, the secretary of defense, appears to be the last man in the Situation Room who believes the Iran nuclear deal may be worth preserving and that war with Iran is a dreadful idea.

Yet, other than Mattis, President Donald Trump seems to be creating a war cabinet.

Read more at: http://buchanan.org/blog/is-trump-assembling-a-war-cabinet-128988
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:33:09 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:32:25 am »
I don't think he is... but I've heard others say this. How about that huge "Omnibus". Anyway, I don't think we are heading to war with Iran, food for thought though. We really, might have had to do something with NK and as it is, will have to watch them like a hawk still.

Offline Victoria33

Re: Is Trump Assembling a War Cabinet? - Pat Buchanan
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:38:52 am »
bookmark

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 04:16:05 am »
How about peace through strength? An old concept by Reagan.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:57:22 am »
The notion that the USA would go to war with Iran without provocation, i.e. a war act similar to Pearl Harbor or 9/11, is just pure lunacy.  Even if we had intelligence that proved Iran was on the verge of attacking the USA, the USA, even under Donald Trump would NOT make the first move.

And let me remind those of you that do forget, Russia has a very close relationship with Iran, and they would certainly consider it an act of war directed at one of their allies if the USA attacked Iran.  Just not going to happen.

Fact is, Iran will become a nation with nuclear warheads in a very short time.  And North Korea will continue down the road of developing their intercontinental balistic nuclear missiles.  Again, the USA is not going to execute a pre-emptive attack on the NK, and they know it.  It just doesn't matter who is in Trump's cabinet. 

And let's be clear about Russia.  Putin needs to maintain his antagonistic position against the west to retain power in Russia.  His brand of self serving nationalism keeps his favorability in the 80s percent wise as long as he condemns the west.  The Russian people are suffering under his leadership, yet they think he is doing right because he stands up to the corrupt power grabbing west.

The military complex in the USA perpetrated the greatest hoax ever on the American people with the threat of the USSR during the Cold War, and is doing the same once again with Russia.  But Russian military forces go six months without pay, have to scour the country side stealing what they will in terms of food from family dachas, small patches of ground where the people try to grow their own food for basic survival.  I am sure our military industrial complex would love nothing more than a skirmish with Iran, North Korea, and even Russia.  The coffers would be overflowing.  But their are enough rational minds, including Donald Trump not to allow that to happen without an aggressive act executed upon the USA first.  And seizing a gun boat like Iran did during Obama's presidency is NOT going to have Trump go to war either.  The only difference between him and Obama will be that he will not apologize like Obama did. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:00:04 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 05:07:18 am »
I hope he isn't assembling a war cabinet. I got one of those at Ikea last year and it fell apart. The Malsjo would be a better buy.