Author Topic: The Blues Channel  (Read 49731 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online corbe

Re: The Blues Channel
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2020, 01:36:13 am »
Tas Cru - Can't Help But Wonder

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2020, 04:43:20 pm »
Another long-standing Las Vegas music friend of mine passed away this weekend. He was a singer/harmonica player named Lamont Wilson, nicknamed Lipz. He was the first Vegas musician to a) let me sit in with him when I picked up a guitar again in 2009-2010; and, b) tell me point blank not to fall into the usual crowd of bloozerock noisemakers in town but to stick to the way I played the blues naturally.

Until this morning, I hadn't realised that a local studio guy where Lipz, me, and two other musicians were invited to jam for him to test out his new mixing equipment saved a recording of one of our jams and mashed a YouTube video out of several photographs from that jam. (Yours truly is seen playing his 1959-reissue Gibson Les Paul.) If you can imagine anyone playing the warhorse "Stormy Monday Blues" in the closest thing to old back-porch style blues, that's just about what we did . . .

Lipz Wilson (vocal, harmonica), yours truly (lead guitar), Randa Lee (bass), Unkle John Muniz (guitar), "Stormy Monday Blues"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

RIP my friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2020, 06:16:15 am »
@EasyAce  Wow. Thanks for sharing that.  RIP Lamont, and my condolences, Ace.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2020, 04:32:07 pm »
@EasyAce  Wow. Thanks for sharing that.  RIP Lamont, and my condolences, Ace.
@Smokin Joe

Thank you Joe!

Online corbe

« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2020, 05:36:37 pm »
I'm Going out of Your Mind ~ Zack Walther Band

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2020, 06:59:29 pm »
Hard to Thrill ~ JJ Cale/Eric Clapton

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2020, 01:44:58 am »
   This is from her first album in 73, it's a Randy Neuman cover.

Bonnie Raitt ~ Guilty (Remastered)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2020, 07:19:50 pm »
Van Wilks - Just Walk Away

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2020, 01:53:12 am »
MIGHTY MO RODGERS - Black Paris Blues

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Mighty Mo Rodgers - Picasso Blue

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2020, 01:55:17 am »
Before Amy Winehouse there was a little dish from the 80s called "Carmel"...

Carmel - Rue St Denis (Dance Mix).mp3
https://mab.to/lYzHiNCs2

Carmel- Bad Day 12_ (Live In The Studio).mp3
https://mab.to/1DdUFxYGP

Hope yall don't mind me barging in here with my 80s stuff... but figured it would fit.

3 Days Only
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2020, 11:57:27 am »
Before Amy Winehouse there was a little dish from the 80s called "Carmel"...

Carmel - Rue St Denis (Dance Mix).mp3
https://mab.to/lYzHiNCs2

Carmel- Bad Day 12_ (Live In The Studio).mp3
https://mab.to/1DdUFxYGP

Hope yall don't mind me barging in here with my 80s stuff... but figured it would fit.

3 Days Only

@Sighlass

Can't view or listen to either without allowing some software company I have never heard of to access my computer,and I'm just not doing that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2020, 12:54:07 pm »
@Sighlass

Can't view or listen to either without allowing some software company I have never heard of to access my computer,and I'm just not doing that.

European websites require those disclosures @sneakypete . Actually more private than most US sites that don't. You are not required to give them anything other than acknowledge they put cookies on ya like every other site including TBR (and YouTube). You don't have to register (I haven't) and two clicks and download is it (and fast downloads).

My browser is set to delete cookies after closing, so I do have to log in to TBR after each session. Same with their site. Name me a website now days that does not set cookies?

This is about as safe a download site as I have found (without pop-up and other crap). It has no negative reviews at scamreview and is highly ranked on Alexa (people are using it).

Problem is the downloads only last 3 days. Also it only offers 10 downloads per file, thus it is not great to use if sharing to a lot of folks, but here at TBR probable only one or two folks actually download anything I put up (so it works for me here).

I have asked if anyone had any problems to report it to me before, nobody has complained except you.

Enter the url youself at virus total and have them scan it with a slew of check sites, all came back negative.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/url

Far as I know, I have shared 1000s of songs, and not one of them have had a virus or otherwise baddie embedded in them .

After downloading a file you can run it through virus total site and check it before playing it. Most of us run an antivirus program already on our computers (Avast here).

If worried about you ip being recorded during downloading, you could always use a VPN to hide you ip.

I use VPN unlimited ... https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:10:43 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2020, 02:44:20 pm »

I have asked if anyone had any problems to report it to me before, nobody has complained except you.

@Sighlass

In my defense,I was not complaining. I was merely making an observation. Please note the total lack of ranting and raving as proof of this.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:45:45 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2020, 03:44:39 pm »
@Sighlass

In my defense,I was not complaining. I was merely making an observation. Please note the total lack of ranting and raving as proof of this.

Quote from: sneakypete

Far as I can surmise, they are required (European thing) to tell up front they use cookies and such, the other agreement is not applicable because you will not be entering any personal information unless you register with them (not required or suggested by me... ). Thus to me it didn't warrant the bold section of your comment, as as far as I can tell that suggest something more devious that allowing a cookie to be set (regular cookie, not even a LSO cookie).

Lets just say I do care about what I share and how. Ya don't poop where ya live, and I live here and respect my buddies (you included of course).

If you know of a better sharing site, please let me know, would love to check it out. If one of my files I share is ever infected (none so far that I can tell) let me know, I will stop sharing from then on.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 03:56:43 pm by Sighlass »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2020, 01:32:16 am »
Far as I can surmise, they are required (European thing) to tell up front they use cookies and such, the other agreement is not applicable because you will not be entering any personal information unless you register with them (not required or suggested by me... ). Thus to me it didn't warrant the bold section of your comment, as as far as I can tell that suggest something more devious that allowing a cookie to be set (regular cookie, not even a LSO cookie).

Lets just say I do care about what I share and how. Ya don't poop where ya live, and I live here and respect my buddies (you included of course).

If you know of a better sharing site, please let me know, would love to check it out. If one of my files I share is ever infected (none so far that I can tell) let me know, I will stop sharing from then on.

@Sighlass

It was not meant as an attack on you of any sort. Generally speaking,the people I attack know they are being attacked. They don't have to ask.

All I can do is tell you my intention. I have no control over what you believe,or don't believe,so suit yourself. I have better things to do that continue to flog this dead horse.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:33:03 am by sneakypete »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2020, 04:00:21 pm »
Grateful Dead  -  Deep Ellum Blues

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2020, 03:10:59 am »
One of my favourite jazz guitarists---who never forgot the blues and insisted everything he played came out of the blues one way or another---takes on a great blues by the legendary saxophonist Charlie Parker . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2020, 07:17:46 pm »
GARY CLARK JR. - "When My Train Pulls In" (Live in Griffith Park, CA)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2020, 08:40:23 pm »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2020, 09:10:25 pm »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2020, 09:14:20 pm »
https://www.kkjz.org/
@truth_seeker
If I didn't have my own very large blues and jazz library (about 12,000 songs), I'd be a regular listener to that station!

As it is, living in Las Vegas, I can only listen to them when I'm in southern California visiting my son.

And I just bought three more albums (one of which replaces a copy I had years ago), two of which I was actually unaware of until now, oddly enough . . .

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:17:32 pm by EasyAce »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2020, 09:41:00 pm »
@truth_seeker
If I didn't have my own very large blues and jazz library (about 12,000 songs), I'd be a regular listener to that station!

As it is, living in Las Vegas, I can only listen to them when I'm in southern California visiting my son.

I posted the internet version, so you can listen anywhere you have internet, although I listen on my tabletop  and car radios.

I can also listen on my smartphone with IOS or Android APP

Differrent DJs play different music styles. Jazz and blues and.....

Playing this very minute

Zora Young Little Mike and the Tornados
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2020, 10:30:15 pm »
I posted the internet version, so you can listen anywhere you have internet, although I listen on my tabletop  and car radios.
Yes, and thanks, but I only listen to the radio in the car these days when I listen to radio at anymore. And even then, I can load up a few albums onto a flash drive, stick that in my car's player, and have plenty of my own library's music.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2020, 03:17:27 pm »
@truth_seeker

And I just bought three more albums (one of which replaces a copy I had years ago), two of which I was actually unaware of until now, oddly enough . . .

I have the middle album.