Author Topic: Mattis Dispels Rumors He'll Find It Hard to Work with Bolton: 'Last Time I Checked, He's an American  (Read 645 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Lauretta Brown
Mar. 27, 2018

Secretary of Defense James Mattis dispelled reports Tuesday that he was apprehensive about working with President Trump’s incoming National Security Advisor John Bolton.

"I'll tell you right up front, it's going to be a partnership, we are going to go forward," Mattis told reporters during a news conference at the Pentagon.

When asked about his differing world views with Bolton, Mattis responded, "I hope that there's some different world views. That's the normal thing you want unless you want group think."

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/03/27/mattis-dispels-rumors-hell-find-it-hard-to-work-with-bolton-last-time-i-checked-hes-an-american-n2465323

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
:)

Good Cop, Bad Cop.

These 2 ought to get along just fine.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline endicom

:)

Good Cop, Bad Cop.

These 2 ought to get along just fine.

Who will or won't get along can be surprising. I'm sure they've both worked with people of differing opinions.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Yeah - we know how they love differing opinions in this administration.  So many of them are now available for comment.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Yeah - we know how they love differing opinions in this administration.  So many of them are now available for comment.

Except those that haven't wrapped up their book deals, of course.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Except that Trump has brought aboard Bolton, knowing his views, while still keeping Mattis.  And Mattis is probably the safest guy in the entire cabinet.