Author Topic: Christian Couple Fined For Refusing Gay Marriage On Their Farm Comes Up With Perfect Solution  (Read 463 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
In 2012, Cynthia and Robert Gifford, a Christian couple who owned a farm in upstate New York where marriage receptions were often held, politely refused to hold a gay marriage on the premises when a lesbian couple targeted their farm as their venue of choice.

The lesbian couple sued, prompting a three-and-a-half year legal battle that culminated in the New York Supreme Court Appellate Division upholding a decision by the New York Division of Human Rights in 2014, in which an administrative law judge for the state, Magdalia Pares, fined the Giffords $10,000 and ordered them to pay the lesbian couple $1,500 each.

In the appeals court ruling, presiding judge Karen Peters wrote, “The Giffords are free to adhere to and profess their religious beliefs that same-sex couples should not marry, but they must permit same-sex couples to marry on the premises if they choose to allow opposite-sex couples to do so.”...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28701/christian-couple-fined-refusing-gay-marriage-their-hank-berrien?utm_medium=email&utm_content=032718-news&utm_campaign=position1

Like a good wedding, simple and elegant.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Like a good wedding, simple and elegant.

Thanks for sharing. I watched both videos and checked out the website.  I applaud the Giffords!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Thanks for sharing. I watched both videos and checked out the website.  I applaud the Giffords!

Me too!  Great solution!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide