Author Topic: Surge: GOP Improves to Strongest National Polling Position in Months, Majority Approves of Trump's  (Read 699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Surge: GOP Improves to Strongest National Polling Position in Months, Majority Approves of Trump's Economy
Guy Benson
3/27/2018 10:25:00 AM - Guy Benson

Let's start with the good news for Republicans in the latest Fox News national survey, conducted by the network's respected, bipartisan pollster.  First, the president's job approval rating sits at (45/52), which isn't much to write home about, but is still an improvement over his first year nadir in the mid-to-high 30's.  Second, he's above water on his handling of the US economy, hitting a (51/44) majority.  By a bigger margin (51/32), Americans say they're feeling more optimistic about their family's financial situation now than they were a year ago.  This aligns with other metrics pointing to a rosier economic outlook.  Third, thanks to tax reform, his marks on that issue have surged 16 net points since late 2017 to a respectable (48/46).  And then there's this:

The 2018 generic ballot has trended back toward the GOP, w/ the in-party's deficit averaging in the mid-single-digits:

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2018/03/27/poll-gop-narrows-midterm-gap-on-generic-ballot-majority-support-trumps-handling-of-economy-n2464522
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Great news; what else can one say.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Well now I'm impressed.

It only took the Polls HOW LONG to reflect the fact that the people who voted for Trump weren't drunk or unconscious at the time, and they really did want him to be President?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Every day some #nevertrumps awaken to the hope of a gotcha event or incident, which proves them correct in not voting, or voting for a 3rd party vanity candidate.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Concerned

Every day some #nevertrumps awaken to the hope of a gotcha event or incident, which proves them correct in not voting, or voting for a 3rd party vanity candidate.

One of my most important issues is the debt.  Any question I had about the "correctness" of my voting third party rather than for Trump was settled when he submitted a budget that added trillions to the national debt.  It was further settled when the "great deal-maker" signed the Omnibus Spending Bill.  Plenty of his other actions confirmed my decision for me as well.  I don't need to "hope" for "gotcha event or incident".  His actions (or lack thereof) have confirmed my decision.  I've finally come around to recognizing that both parties are made up of whores who only care about re-election.  Time for term limits (another broken promise by Trump (he promised to propose a Constitutional Amendment within the first 100 days)) and time to blow up both parties.  We can't blow it up by continuing to vote for them.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
One of my most important issues is the debt.  Any question I had about the "correctness" of my voting third party rather than for Trump was settled when he submitted a budget that added trillions to the national debt.  It was further settled when the "great deal-maker" signed the Omnibus Spending Bill.  Plenty of his other actions confirmed my decision for me as well.  I don't need to "hope" for "gotcha event or incident".  His actions (or lack thereof) have confirmed my decision.  I've finally come around to recognizing that both parties are made up of whores who only care about re-election.  Time for term limits (another broken promise by Trump (he promised to propose a Constitutional Amendment within the first 100 days)) and time to blow up both parties.  We can't blow it up by continuing to vote for them.
The budget was submitted by the US House (not by Trump). The votes had already been tallied, as far as what would pass.

He could have vetoed, held it up, but in the end what your Congress arranged, is what the representatives (House/senate) wanted.

The Presidency is not a dictatorship. If you have been naïve in the past, it is on you.

I lost my respect for them decades ago. One major episode was Reagan's amnesty, so the best of them let you down.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 12:07:31 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Concerned

The budget was submitted by the US House (not by Trump). The votes had already been tallied, as far as what would pass.

He could have vetoed, held it up, but in the end what your Congress arranged, is what the representatives (House/senate) wanted.

The Presidency is not a dictatorship. If you have been naïve in the past, it is on you.

I lost my respect for them decades ago. One major episode was Reagan's amnesty, so the best of them let you down.

The President submitted a budget proposal to Congress.  It illustrated the President's priorities.  This year that occurred on February 12.  This one clearly included some things that otherwise would never have been approved by Congress without Trump being President (e.g., wall prototypes, huge increases for the military).  This budget (and the decreased tax revenues) reflects this President's priorities and focus.

Obama was blamed for reckless spending under his watch.  Trump should be too IMO.  With leadership comes responsibility.  Trump said he alone could fix DC.  He said he would make great deals on behalf of the American people.  He said he could eliminate the debt in 8 years.  Instead, his Administration is working with Congress to add trillions to it.  He's certainly no victim here.  He's a huge part of the fiscal problem IMO.  I know some who roundly criticized Obama for HIS deficit spending, now try and give Trump a pass.  I'm not that hypocritical.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/trumps-2019-budget-proposal-live-analysis
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.