Author Topic: Ted Cruz to campaign in RGV  (Read 1678 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ted Cruz to campaign in RGV
« on: March 27, 2018, 04:40:02 pm »
Ted has officially kicked off his re-election campaign.  Just a reminder: a few $ will help this man who we desperately need to keep in the Senate.  Note that his opponent Bet0 rec'd 50% of the vote in Hildago county.

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, will hold a campaign event in Edinburg on April 3, according to his campaign schedule.

The event will feature Cruz alongside members of the National Border Patrol Council where they’ll focus on border security, according to the schedule. The NBPC has historically not endorsed candidates, but did so in 2016 when the organization endorsed then-candidate Donald Trump for president.

Cruz’s stop in Edinburg is part of a three-day campaign tour across the state, where he’ll hold events in 12 cities. The Edinburg event is his only Valley event over that stretch.

The trip marks Cruz’s first Rio Grande Valley campaign visit during this election cycle. Cruz recently won the Republican primary earlier this month where he received 1.3 million votes (85 percent). His Democratic challenger, U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-El Paso, won the Democratic primary where he secured 641,000 votes (62 percent).

Cruz’s last Valley appearance came when he accompanied Vice President Mike Pence to McAllen in February for a border tour.

O’Rourke has campaigned twice in the Valley in 2018, when he held events in San Benito, Weslaco, Mission and McAllen in January and Edinburg and Brownsville in February.

Cruz is hoping to improve on his 2012 general election numbers, where he earned 31 percent of the vote in Hidalgo County.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/local/article_89dfebb2-314b-11e8-8c22-73998438213f.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ted Cruz to campaign in RGV
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 05:15:10 pm »
 I'm in Austin today.   I've seen seen several "Beto" yard signs.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 05:19:18 pm »

Real Good Van?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 05:23:08 pm »

Real Good Van?

That's not a RGV van, that's an East-LA van.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 05:24:18 pm »
That's not a RGV van, that's an East-LA van.

Well Cruz is Mexican, ain't he?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 05:24:27 pm »
I'm in Austin today.   I've seen seen several "Beto" yard signs.

You certainly don't have to worry about having your house defaced for a "Beto" yard sign.  In fact, that may be why the signs are there?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 05:27:51 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 05:38:18 pm »
Eh. He's Canadian-Cubano, si?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 07:17:19 pm »
Last time I checked Cruz is an American.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 08:00:18 pm »
Last time I checked Cruz is an American.

Last time I checked, Mexicans were now honorary Americans.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:00:45 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 08:07:21 pm »
          Back in his college days, he couldn't afford a van.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 09:04:54 pm »
          Back in his college days, he couldn't afford a van.

I absolutely love this pic!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »

Real Good Van?

No, RGV vehicles are pickup trucks with the dingle-ball trim stuff around the windows.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 09:44:11 pm »
I absolutely love this pic!

Because Bush I was so awesome?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 09:51:04 pm »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 09:58:09 pm »
No, RGV vehicles are pickup trucks with the dingle-ball trim stuff around the windows.

Dingle-balls add value to the vehicle!   :silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 10:00:26 pm »
   NO, @Frank Cannon , Quayle, like Pence, with his Midwestern roots, was Awesome in spite of the fact that he couldn't spell and sure propped up a rather crappy GOP ticket, kinda like Cheney/Palin, purposely failing to mention Ryan.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 10:04:38 pm »

Definitely not.  Because of the stogie!  Who'd have thought?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 10:06:07 pm »

Wow! You win...one can only dream... the upholstery is to die for!   :silly:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:06:55 pm by libertybele »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 10:20:47 pm »
Definitely not.  Because of the stogie!  Who'd have thought?

I know. What a square. The rest of us in that age bracket were smoking dope.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 10:29:52 pm »
Wow! You win...one can only dream... the upholstery is to die for!   :silly:

I have to admit - I sort of like it. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 12:40:21 am »
Yikes!  One of those crazy gun-totin' Christians!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 06:55:36 am »

I heard he was Canadian, according to Orange Brigadiers.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 11:21:37 pm »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 11:27:36 pm »

Sure was not the worse. Far better than Gore or Kerry.

Any rate.... @libertybele ,   Thanks for the reminder. Will donate to Ted tonight.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass