Author Topic: Former Supreme Court justice: ‘Repeal the Second Amendment’  (Read 53390 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Former Supreme Court justice: ‘Repeal the Second Amendment’
« Reply #725 on: April 07, 2018, 07:34:54 pm »
@INVAR
As far as I can tell, 1) many of the disagreements with @Jazzhead don't actually respond to the points he makes.  They are less an argument than a slap-fight. 

And 2) from my understanding, this board stands for open dialogue and argumentation without insults and personal attacks.  Your above post is one of many that violates this site's "civil contract".

Go report me to the Mods then if your sensibilities of how I respond to someone advocating tyranny are so fragile.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #726 on: April 07, 2018, 07:36:35 pm »

But it is a fact that Federal Judges are partisan animals that cannot be trusted to keep their own desires for how society should be out of their decisions of law.

That is not a "fact", that is merely your opinion.  It is fact that all judges are human beings;  my experience is that most Federal judges do their level best to be objective, to rule on the basis of the law and the facts, and arrive as best they can at a just result.  It is the nature of litigation that there must be a winner and a loser.   But to extrapolate from that reality the blanket slander that Federal judges are partisan animals cannot go without my due objection.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #727 on: April 07, 2018, 07:39:48 pm »
If they seem like they don't go to his points, it's because he makes the same ridiculous points over and over.  But, as I've watched this thread develop, they certainly do respond to his points, but he doesn't like the answers

I always like INVAR's nutjob answers;  they're evidence I'm doing a good job.   :patriot:   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #728 on: April 07, 2018, 07:39:57 pm »
We intend to get much louder and more vociferous in our calls to oppose any registration and encourage this people to openly defy and refuse to comply with any so-called 'laws' that do so.  We are also going to define people like you as tyrants that deserve our utter contempt with extreme prejudice.

We view a government that would attempt to impose your insanely stupid tyrannical ideas as wholly illegitimate.  And yes, you will need to arm the agents of your perverted government to put their guns to our heads to force compliance with your suggestions for imposing tyranny.

Then, it's game on - and time to water the tree of liberty.

@INVAR
Ok, good!  When someone actually SHOWS UP  to take your guns, please do what you feel you must.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2018, 07:40:30 pm »
You are the best at what you are best at.
I could say exactly the same thing about Obama.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #730 on: April 07, 2018, 07:42:09 pm »
I always like INVAR's nutjob answers;  they're evidence I'm doing a good job. 

Exactly what we expect a TROLL would say.

At least you've admitted yet another attribute of your presence here.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #731 on: April 07, 2018, 07:42:39 pm »
Go report me to the Mods then if your sensibilities of how I respond to someone advocating tyranny are so fragile.

@INVAR
Nah, no worries.  They obviously already know about your insults.  I guess you're part of the spice in the gumbo ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #732 on: April 07, 2018, 07:43:14 pm »
@INVAR
Ok, good!  When someone actually SHOWS UP  to take your guns, please do what you feel you must.

Oh gee thanks.. I didn't realize I needed your permission.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2018, 07:43:57 pm »
I was actually thinking about some of the particularly awful nominees, some of whom were narrowly denied, like the creepy blogger and people who'd never tried a legal case, etc.  I could go back to either Bush, if we wanted to; Republicans often complain about their judges' terrible decisions.  But in short, people generally complain about decisions they don't like and blame these "bad" judgments on bad judges.  It's bipartisan, crosses ideological lines, and unites Americans in mistrust of the fed judiciary.
the lens you appear looking thru is Democrats vs Republicans.

The correct way to look is liberals vs conservatives.

The Republicans you reference are not conservatives.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mod1

« Reply #734 on: April 07, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »
What is the topic of this thread again?

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #735 on: April 07, 2018, 07:46:42 pm »
the lens you appear looking thru is Democrats vs Republicans.

The correct way to look is liberals vs conservatives.

The Republicans you reference are not conservatives.

@IsailedawayfromFR
I thought of Bush Jr. as a religious conservative -- didn't he qualify? 

But I agree with your larger point.  We spend a lot of time confusing the differences between political parties and ideologies.  I have seen that with Republicans for a long time; it's beginning to arise with Democrats.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:48:47 pm by LauraTXNM »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #736 on: April 07, 2018, 07:47:25 pm »

What is the aggregate price of tea produced by China?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:48:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #737 on: April 07, 2018, 07:47:45 pm »
You are the best at what you are best at.

Ain't that the truth!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #738 on: April 07, 2018, 07:49:31 pm »
Ain't that the truth!

Everybody's special, with their own unique gifts for the world ;).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #739 on: April 07, 2018, 07:52:59 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

But I agree with your larger point.  We spend a lot of time confusing the differences between political parties and ideologies.  I have seen that with Republicans for a long time; it's beginning to arise with Democrats.

No, GWB was not conservative, and certainly not fiscally so.  Just claiming to be religious does not make one a conservative - think Bill Clinton with his big Bible.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #740 on: April 07, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »
No, GWB was not conservative, and certainly not fiscally so.  Just claiming to be religious does not make one a conservative - think Bill Clinton with his big Bible.

The white zipper one he made a point of flashing about every Easter and Christmas?  Yeah, I remember that.  I had always imagined he actually had pages carved out of it to hold a little flask of the stuff that made his nose red over the years.  What a pose it would have made if Obama had been more honest and flashed his Koran about....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:04:50 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #741 on: April 07, 2018, 08:29:50 pm »
How @Jazzhead still hasn't provided the list of the "MANY" places which have required firearm registration which has not led to confiscation of those same registered firearms, at least in part.

We're waiting. (and waiting and waiting and waiting......)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #742 on: April 07, 2018, 08:55:22 pm »
How @Jazzhead still hasn't provided the list of the "MANY" places which have required firearm registration which has not led to confiscation of those same registered firearms, at least in part.

He's not going to.  He is going to continue to regurgitate his Commie-tyrant talking points about how Registration and Licensure is not going to result in confiscation and that anyone who thinks that is paranoid.

He employs the tactic of telling a lie over and over again, with the expectation that if he repeats it enough, we're going to be stupid enough to accept it.

The calls to repeal the 2nd Amendment along with actions like Deerfield, IL are just beginning.  What our resident Commie-lib-tyranny advocate is doing, is attempting to get us to accept their efforts to turn an inalienable right into a government-granted privilege.

We're past the point or reasoning with such people.  People like him are an overt and clear enemy of our liberties and they are going to continue to chant their tyrannical mantras regardless of what evidence you offer to the contrary.  They simply need to know what the consequences are going to be for what they are pushing for.

They think we're just going to roll over and subjugate ourselves to their tyranny under the color of law.  They will have bought themselves a war.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #743 on: April 07, 2018, 09:09:27 pm »

@LauraTXNM
Oh, heck no! Neither religious nor conservative. Lip service, and nothing more.  **nononono*

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #744 on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:27 pm »
He's not going to.  He is going to continue to regurgitate his Commie-tyrant talking points about how Registration and Licensure is not going to result in confiscation and that anyone who thinks that is paranoid.

He employs the tactic of telling a lie over and over again, with the expectation that if he repeats it enough, we're going to be stupid enough to accept it.

The calls to repeal the 2nd Amendment along with actions like Deerfield, IL are just beginning.  What our resident Commie-lib-tyranny advocate is doing, is attempting to get us to accept their efforts to turn an inalienable right into a government-granted privilege.

We're past the point or reasoning with such people.  People like him are an overt and clear enemy of our liberties and they are going to continue to chant their tyrannical mantras regardless of what evidence you offer to the contrary.  They simply need to know what the consequences are going to be for what they are pushing for.

They think we're just going to roll over and subjugate ourselves to their tyranny under the color of law.  They will have bought themselves a war.
Unless we can defeat them with words. For now, that is how we must fight.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #745 on: April 07, 2018, 09:57:54 pm »
Unless we can defeat them with words. For now, that is how we must fight.

That's what we are doing here.

However, that said - it is correct to note that ideologues like our resident Commie-Lib-Leftie are not listening to us.  What I hear from them is the advocacy of overt tyranny.

Nothing our words say is dissuading them, all while they double down on their efforts to turn rights into privileges and disparage us as 'haters' and 'selfish' for refusing to accept their ideas.

I do not think our words are going to defeat them.  Tyrants are not moved by common sense or logic. 

At minimum, they will have no excuse to say they had no idea what the consequences were going to be if their ideas are implemented, because our words have given them fair warning of what they will engender.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #746 on: April 07, 2018, 10:26:59 pm »
That's what we are doing here.

However, that said - it is correct to note that ideologues like our resident Commie-Lib-Leftie are not listening to us.  What I hear from them is the advocacy of overt tyranny.

Nothing our words say is dissuading them, all while they double down on their efforts to turn rights into privileges and disparage us as 'haters' and 'selfish' for refusing to accept their ideas.

I do not think our words are going to defeat them.  Tyrants are not moved by common sense or logic. 

At minimum, they will have no excuse to say they had no idea what the consequences were going to be if their ideas are implemented, because our words have given them fair warning of what they will engender.
Ironically, King George III had the same problem, yet out of that we had a Republic.

C S Lewis

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #747 on: April 07, 2018, 10:43:20 pm »

M
@INVAR which is exactly why I have encouraged him to have the stones to volunteer to lead those confiscations which will inevitably result.

EITHER he is right that there are MANY examples where his premise can be shown to be true OR he needs to not be spineless and be willing to lead those raids and not send others in his tyrranical stead.

There are no other options that would otherwise lead us to possibly consider his ridiculous assertions.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #748 on: April 07, 2018, 11:28:25 pm »
Ironically, King George III had the same problem, yet out of that we had a Republic.

If we could keep it.

And words alone do not keep such things from the hands of tyrants who are not moved or persuaded by our admonitions.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #749 on: April 07, 2018, 11:57:53 pm »

@Smokin Joe
I'm not @Jazzhead, but I would imagine Switzerland and Israel would count.  Also Canada, though it's a provincial rather than national registry.