Author Topic: Former Supreme Court justice: ‘Repeal the Second Amendment’  (Read 53060 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Former Supreme Court justice: ‘Repeal the Second Amendment’
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2018, 12:39:38 am »
If he is fool enough to deny the existence of our Creator, is he also fool enough to misunderstand the nature of humanity?

What gave you the idea I deny the existence of the Creator?   I believe in God, but I'm not so foolish as to rely on Him to protect my rights against the State. 

For that,  I rely on the Constitution.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2018, 12:40:09 am »
You miss the point.  God doesn't protect your rights.  The Constitution - that piece of parchment - does.

No, WE do.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2018, 12:40:46 am »
Why should the State force a woman to reproduce?   Why don't you make the moral case against abortion and let her decide for herself?   

I have neither the time nor patience to indulge in this line of sophistry beyond stating the obvious: the State is not compelling anyone (man nor woman) to "reproduce!"  The choice which results in such is made by individuals.  Murder is murder, regardless of what some black robed fools may have deemed to create out of whole cloth!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2018, 12:43:52 am »
No, WE do.

Bullshit.  We are a nation of laws, not of men.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2018, 12:44:10 am »
You miss the point.  God doesn't protect your rights.  The Constitution - that piece of parchment - does.

A piece of parchment in no wise protects my Rights from despotic creatures who advocate the imposition of  tyranny while declaring it *reasonable*.  Nor does it protect my rights against a lawless government hellbent on imposing tyranny.

My Rights are protected by that gun you want registered and licensed so it can be confiscated in due time.

And My God grants us perfection in our aim, dexterity in our members and discernment in resisting and overcoming such tyrants.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2018, 12:46:02 am »
I have neither the time nor patience to indulge in this line of sophistry beyond stating the obvious: the State is not compelling anyone (man nor woman) to "reproduce!"  The choice which results in such is made by individuals.  Murder is murder, regardless of what some black robed fools may have deemed to create out of whole cloth!

A woman the same as a man has the natural, God given right of self-determination.  She cannot be forced by the state to reproduce.   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:05 am »
It is hideously grotesque for you to equate these in any way!

The former being a natural right bestowed upon mankind by its Creator, and the latter being state sanctioned murder created out of whole cloth by a renegade court!!

Are you not thinking straight?

Hear here!!!!  Well said my friend!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:21 am »

By the consent of the governed. When my rights are no longer being served, I will no longer consent. Legitimately. Legally. By way of the very first document ever penned herein.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2018, 12:48:14 am »
The protection of your rights from the government sure as hell does.   You think God gives a damn about your rights?

Yes he does. And the fact you don't comprehend that our unalienable right come from Him says a lot about why you so frequently fail to truly understand the Constitution...religion...and man's relationship with both.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2018, 12:53:22 am »

When your "laws" put a gun to the heads of Christians to force them to 'bake the damn cake'; when they engender the genocide of an entire generation of Americans in the womb; when they rob us and our posterity via trillions in debt spending;  when a government system of corruption is endemic to it's entire operation and existence - you have lawlessness imposing a tyranny under the color of law.

It has no legitimate authority.

All it has are guns people like you will empower a tyrannical government to use against those who will not comply with evil.

Alas, we have the guns to resist you.

And that is why you are so hellbent on getting them registered and licensed, so they can be confiscated.

So we say piss on you, and your ideas - because they are tyrannical bullshit we will not comply with and resist with every fiber of our being.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2018, 01:02:50 am »

Not if lawyers and Judges are able to twist the meanings written upon it.

I will not comply.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2018, 01:03:37 am »
When your "laws" put a gun to the heads of Christians to force them to 'bake the damn cake'; when they engender the genocide of an entire generation of Americans in the womb; when they rob us and our posterity via trillions in debt spending;  when a government system of corruption is endemic to it's entire operation and existence - you have lawlessness imposing a tyranny under the color of law.

It has no legitimate authority.

All it has are guns people like you will empower a tyrannical government to use against those who will not comply with evil.

Alas, we have the guns to resist you.

And that is why you are so hellbent on getting them registered and licensed, so they can be confiscated.

So we say piss on you, and your ideas - because they are tyrannical bullshit we will not comply with and resist with every fiber of our being.

I simply will not comply.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2018, 01:07:41 am »
Oh cut it out.  I'm not an "anti-gun bigot" with "liberal bias';  I represent a perfectly mainstream position - preserve the RKBA,  but give law enforcement the tools to assign guns to persons legally responsible for them.   Just as we are all perfectly comfortable with when it comes to cars.

And I am concerned that the entire gun right is on very shakey Constitutional ground.  You don't like that message, so you attack the messenger.  But the individual gun right is as fragile as the abortion right, and the Dems are prioritizing the need to appoint judges who will overturn Heller.   

It is time to stop fighting the last war (or even sillier,  engage like INVAR in masturbatory fantasies about armed insurrection), and realize that an amendment of the Second Amendment is essential to secure the individual RKBA.
What will you do if we don't acquiesce? Engage armed fantasies (by proxy, of course) to disarm those of us who are armed? Isn't that asking for armed insurrection--or is that the armed insurrection against the Rights enshrined in the seminal documents of this Republic? Who is the insurrectionist, there? You speak of those who would deny a fundamental Civil Right to a third of the American People as if they are "mainstream", yet they are the 'revolutionaries' decrying one of the bases of this Republic.
If y'all don't like this country, one which has been traditionally one of the best armed per capita, to its benefit, then by all means, leave and go elsewhere and request they disarm, or go someplace else which has effectively disarmed their citizenry. I am sure you will be feel much more free there from evil and oppression. Or not.

How can a species old Right be on shakier or even as shaky ground as one invented to facilitate the murder one's own inconvenient offspring?  What silliness. Note, too that the Right is to keep and bear ARMS--not just guns but instruments of blunt force trauma, devices designed to cut or pierce an enemy, along with those which propel a projectile through mechanical, chemical or other means. Firearms may be a popular option, but they are far from the only option.

In fact, "Arms" could be construed as virtually anything which makes defense (or offense, for that matter) more effective.

I'm a geologist. Will the government come for my rocks? (the original murder weapon, or at least the first documented one). How about sticks, lengths of pipe, or your hands and feet if deemed too large--the tools of murder in over 5% of cases--more than rifles and shotguns combined in 2011. Or knives, which exceeded the total for rifles and shotguns as well, by an even greater margin. Will we have to register our roast beef slicers and bread knives (because with a little filing/grinding, the latter could be repurposed as a nasty penetrating weapon)?
Will we ban all sharp, pointy things, blunt things, heavy things, every possibly lethal chemical, every immersion hazard, pillows? All have been used as murder weapons, and will likely be again. Ban one technology, another will replace it. And before you deem those crude weapons ineffective, recall the Hutus and Tutsis managed to kill a half million people during that fracas, mostly with machetes. History proves, time and again, that when the people stand helpless in front of their government, it goes poorly for those people. When they stand against those who are armed, no matter how crudely, the effectiveness of or absence of their own weapons is relevant.

My point is that changing the availability of weapons will not cure the underlying ills which lead to violent acts, large or small, although it might shift the players to the big and strong rather than smaller and weaker contenders, and the violence of the acts will become more vigorous, more vicious, more up close and personal. In a word, messier.

Weapons which rely more on surprise, stealth, and skill than the presentation of a threat of overwhelming force might shift the numbers from robbery to murder, because they will be employed preemptively instead of relying on intimidation to render their victims harmless. After all, unintended consequences are the hallmark of Liberal schemes.

Then you have folks like me. I respect the law and those who enforce it. We know where each other stand, and there have been no problems. But try to loot my gun cabinet, and we're going to have problems.
Violating the very fabric of this nation by trying to do so under color of law makes the act all the more reprehensible.
I don't care who you are, be it pauper or Pope, keep your meathooks off the hardware.
I will defend my Right with all I need to do so, against all comers, as long as I am capable of doing so.
I am not alone.

There are millions more like me and we ask nothing of others other than to leave our Rights alone.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:13:41 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2018, 01:10:09 am »
What will you do if we don't acquiesce? Engage armed fantasies (by proxy, of course) to disarm those of us who are armed? Isn't that asking for armed insurrection--or is that the armed insurrection against the Rights enshrined in the seminal documents of this Republic? Who is the insurrectionist, there? You speak of those who would deny a fundamental Civil Right to a third of the American People as if they are "mainstream", yet they are the 'revolutionaries' decrying one of the bases of this Republic.
If y'all don't like this country, one which has been traditionally one of the best armed per capita, to its benefit, then by all means, leave and go elsewhere and request they disarm, or go someplace else which has effectively disarmed their citizenry. I am sure you will be feel much more free there from evil and oppression. Or not.

How can a species old Right be on shakier or even as shaky ground as one invented to facilitate the murder one's own inconvenient offspring?  What silliness. Note, too that the Right is to keep and bear ARMS--not just guns but instruments of blunt force trauma, devices designed to cut or pierce an enemy, along with those which propel a projectile through mechanical, chemical or other means. Firearms may be a popular option, but they are far from the only option.

In fact, "Arms" could be construed as virtually anything which makes defense (or offense, for that matter) more effective.

I'm a geologist. Will the government come for my rocks? (the original murder weapon, or at least the first documented one). How about sticks, lengths of pipe, or your hands and feet if deemed too large (the tools of murder in over 5% of cases--more than rifles and shotguns combined in 2011. Or knives, which exceeded the total for rifles and shotguns as well, by an even greater margin. Will we have to register our roast beef slicers and bread knives (because with a little filing/grinding, the latter could be repurposed as a nasty penetrating weapon)?
Will we ban all sharp, pointy things, blunt things, heavy things, every possibly lethal chemical, every immersion hazard, pillows? All have been used as murder weapons, and will likely be again. Ban one technology, another will replace it. And before you deem those crude weapons ineffective, recall the Hutus and Tutsis managed to kill a half million people during that fracas, mostly with machetes. History proves, time and again, that when the people stand helpless in front of their government, it goes poorly for those people.

My point is that changing the availability of weapons will not cure the underlying ills which lead to violent acts, although it might shift the players to the big and strong rather than smaller and weaker contenders, and the violence of the acts will become more vigorous, more vicious, more up close and personal. In a word, messier.

Weapons which rely more on surprise, stealth, and skill than the presentation of a threat of overwhelming force might shift the numbers from robbery to murder, because they will be employed preemptively instead of relying on intimidation to render their victims harmless. After all, unintended consequences are the hallmark of Liberal schemes.

Then you have folks like me. I respect the law and those who enforce it. We know where each other stand, and there have been no problems. But try to loot my gun cabinet, and we're going to have problems.
Violating the very fabric of this nation by trying to do so under color of law makes the act all the more reprehensible.
I don't care who you are, be it pauper or Pope, keep your meathooks off the hardware.
I will defend my Right with all I need to do so, against all comers, as long as I am capable of doing so.
I am not alone.

There are millions more like me and we ask nothing of others other than to leave our Rights alone.

I will not comply. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2018, 01:12:34 am »
Hear here!!!!  Well said my friend!

888high58888

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2018, 01:13:32 am »
A woman the same as a man has the natural, God given right of self-determination.  She cannot be forced by the state to reproduce.   

That's right - and like a man, the choice is lost at the point of copulation.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:14:02 am by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2018, 01:18:31 am »
The reproductive act has concluded with the fertilization of the egg.
The State did not force her to engage in sexual intercourse. In relatively rare instances (when talking about abortion) an individual might have, but for the most part there was a consensual act with the other donor of genetic material, whether the outcome was intended or convenient, the act was not forced.

All that remains is the normal gestation of a human being, a life which already exists, and no one has a Right to take. .

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2018, 01:23:00 am »
What our Liberal legal scholar doesn't seem to comprehend either is that the 2nd Amendment protects all the others.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2018, 01:26:18 am »
What our Liberal legal scholar doesn't seem to comprehend either is that the 2nd Amendment protects all the others.
I believe that is the foremost reason it comes under attack. Those who seek to remove the others must remove it first. But what they don't get is that while they may successfully suppress that right, they will not remove it, and noncompliance with their edicts will grow, not diminish. The young love to rebel, and what better than totalitarianism to rebel against?

C S Lewis

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2018, 01:40:26 am »
Wow, I go grab a bite and things really move ahead. 

I know I'm just a low post lurker around here but I'd like to point out that I've asked 3 times for an explanation of what registration and licensure accomplishes - aside from taxation and confiscation - and haven't received an answer of any kind.  I am genuinely interested but it seems there really isn't an answer that is publicly acceptable. 

Oh well, doesn't really matter.  2A is unalienable, driving is just driving.  I'm not complying either.  Carry on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2018, 01:54:54 am »
Wow, I go grab a bite and things really move ahead. 

I know I'm just a low post lurker around here but I'd like to point out that I've asked 3 times for an explanation of what registration and licensure accomplishes - aside from taxation and confiscation - and haven't received an answer of any kind.  I am genuinely interested but it seems there really isn't an answer that is publicly acceptable. 

Oh well, doesn't really matter.  2A is unalienable, driving is just driving.  I'm not complying either.  Carry on.

! No longer available
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2018, 02:09:48 am »

I'm a geologist. Will the government come for my rocks? (the original murder weapon, or at least the first documented one). How about sticks, lengths of pipe, or your hands and feet if deemed too large--the tools of murder in over 5% of cases--more than rifles and shotguns combined in 2011. Or knives, which exceeded the total for rifles and shotguns as well, by an even greater margin. Will we have to register our roast beef slicers and bread knives (because with a little filing/grinding, the latter could be repurposed as a nasty penetrating weapon)?
Will we ban all sharp, pointy things, blunt things, heavy things, every possibly lethal chemical, every immersion hazard, pillows? All have been used as murder weapons, and will likely be again. Ban one technology, another will replace it. And before you deem those crude weapons ineffective, recall the Hutus and Tutsis managed to kill a half million people during that fracas, mostly with machetes. History proves, time and again, that when the people stand helpless in front of their government, it goes poorly for those people. When they stand against those who are armed, no matter how crudely, the effectiveness of or absence of their own weapons is relevant.

My point is that changing the availability of weapons will not cure the underlying ills which lead to violent acts, large or small, although it might shift the players to the big and strong rather than smaller and weaker contenders, and the violence of the acts will become more vigorous, more vicious, more up close and personal. In a word, messier.

I am not alone.

This is just insane.  Poster after poster is engaged in masturbatory fantasies about shooting the "gun grabbers".   No one is willing to rely on the Constitution and the rule of law,  it's just head for the bunker and get ready to rumble or die trying.     

What I've proposed is simple licensure and registration.  Not confiscation of "assault rifles".   If there are bills out there that promise the latter, I join with you in urging their unconstitutionality.   But for cryin' out loud,  let the system work.  The Heller decision showed that the system works.   I urge the codification of that decision,  but even if that offends you,  at least let this great Republic and its institutions protect you from tyranny as they were designed to do.   We are a nation of laws, not men.     

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:10:57 am by Jazzhead »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2018, 02:15:44 am »
This is just insane.  [...] But for cryin' out loud,  let the system work.

This IS the system working. Your tyranny will cost you.
I will not comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2018, 02:18:03 am »
@Jazzhead

Will we have to register and insure our 1st Amendment opinions and ideas when they are considered dangerous to society?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:18:24 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2018, 02:33:07 am »
This is just insane.  Poster after poster is engaged in masturbatory fantasies about shooting the "gun grabbers".   No one is willing to rely on the Constitution and the rule of law,  it's just head for the bunker and get ready to rumble or die trying.     

What I've proposed is simple licensure and registration.  Not confiscation of "assault rifles".   If there are bills out there that promise the latter, I join with you in urging their unconstitutionality.   But for cryin' out loud,  let the system work.  The Heller decision showed that the system works.   I urge the codification of that decision,  but even if that offends you,  at least let this great Republic and its institutions protect you from tyranny as they were designed to do.   We are a nation of laws, not men.     

We're just not the kind of folks who wave pieces of paper to protect ourselves.  We're not Neville.  This is too important to trust to a malevolent government.
I will NOT comply.