Author Topic: Hagar: Rumor is that Paul Ryan may resign as U.S. House speaker, Scalise will replace him, Amodei sa  (Read 627 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hagar: Rumor is that Paul Ryan may resign as U.S. House speaker, Scalise will replace him, Amodei says

Ray Hagar, Nevada Newsmakers Published 2:55 p.m. PT March 26, 2018 | Updated 3:28 p.m. PT March 26, 2018

Nevada's 2nd U.S. House District Rep. Mark Amodei, R-Carson City, said on Nevada Newsmakers Monday that Rep. Paul Ryan may soon resign as Speaker of the U.S. House.
Amodei said he was repeating a rumor that's around Capitol Hill....

FWIW I make no claims to the accuracy of this news

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/26/hagar-rumor-paul-ryan-resign-u-s-house-speaker-scalise-replace-him-amodei-says/460544002/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

MSNBC said that Ryan is resigning and Pelosi will be replacing him.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rep. Mark Amodei is on the Freedom Caucus.  Strange that Ryan would be confiding in him, I think.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If true, Ryan either realizes new leadership is needed to keep the House or he knows it’s lost and doesn’t want to be the one who hands the gavel over.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

How could you tell the difference?

Offline libertybele

If true, Ryan either realizes new leadership is needed to keep the House or he knows it’s lost and doesn’t want to be the one who hands the gavel over.

New leadership in both Houses was needed after Trump was sworn in.  Expecting a different result from the same failed leadership of the past was stupid. Getting rid of him now before the House is handed back to the DEMS is futile.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

New leadership in both Houses was needed after Trump was sworn in.  Expecting a different result from the same failed leadership of the past was stupid. Getting rid of him now before the House is handed back to the DEMS is futile.

So in other words, he's going to step down before he's shown the door...

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Ryan ain't going anywhere.  He has to meet some snowflakes that are presently marching 50 mile so his house.  It would be rude for him  to resign before his guests arrive.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

If she doesn't shave no one would know.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

Cruz/Scalise...... a clear 20/20 Trumpian vision.

MAJORITY LEADERS of Congress, America can count on.

[size=-1]This content is brought to you by Americans for America[/size]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:52:32 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass