Author Topic: Andrew McCabe admits he misled investigators: ‘I was confused and distracted’  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Andrew McCabe admits he misled investigators: ‘I was confused and distracted’
BizPac Review, Mar 25, 2018, Samantha Chang

Fired deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe, an Obama holdover, admitted that some of his answers to investigators “were not fully accurate,” and blamed it on his being “confused and distracted.”

“Some of my answers were not fully accurate,” McCabe confessed in a Washington Post op-ed. “At worst, I was not clear in my responses, and because of what was going on around me, may well have been confused and distracted — and for that I take full responsibility. But that is not a lack of candor.”

Lying to the FBI — especially if you’re its deputy director — is a serious matter. You can be jailed for 5 years for lying to the FBI, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 1001. So basically, McCabe is now conceding that he was not 100% truthful, but claimed, “I did not knowingly mislead or lie to investigators.”

McCabe, an attorney, claimed his misleading statements did not amount to lying, even though the FBI’s own Office of Professional Responsibility determined otherwise. McCabe explained:

More: https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/03/25/andrew-mccabe-admits-he-misled-investigators-i-was-confused-and-distracted-617018

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Had Martha Stewart used this excuse, would they have let her off?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

"Some of my answers were not fully accurate,”

Where I come from, that means you lied.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Some of my answers were not fully accurate,”

Where I come from, that means you lied.

5 years in Leavenworth might be a nice consolation prize for providing cover for the Clinton Crime Syndicate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it would be reasonable to hold a big-shot FBI Assistant Director to the same standard General Flynn is held to.  Or anybody else the FBI has charged with Obstruction because they were "confused and distracted" when questioned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

‘I was confused and distracted’

Now imagine the mental state of an ordinary citizen when being interrogated.

Offline DB

What happened to the "I was honest" and that he'd be "vindicated by the evidence" defense when he was fired?

He and Comey need to go down hard as an example of not tolerating corruption at the highest levels of government. These people were the leaders of the FBI. They acted like  Mobsters protecting their God Father, the Clintons.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think it would be reasonable to hold a big-shot FBI Assistant Director to the same standard General Flynn is held to.  Or anybody else the FBI has charged with Obstruction because they were "confused and distracted" when questioned.

I think McCabe graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Eric Holder FBI School of Ethics
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If you were confused and distracted it just reinforces that you should never have been in the position of authority you had, confused and distracted is the kind of excuse a third grader gives for not doing their homework.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
People in your position don't get the luxury of being confused and distracted. Sorry.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
People in your position don't get the luxury of being confused and distracted. Sorry.

Lowly civilians don't get that luxury either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is the height of chutzpah!  He has lead the effort to hound and ruin Flynn for much less, and McCabe wants us to believe that his is not a lapse of candor?