Author Topic: University of Texas wants Rex Tillerson as next chancellor  (Read 665 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
University of Texas wants Rex Tillerson as next chancellor
« on: March 24, 2018, 02:12:50 pm »
By John Bowden - 03/24/18 09:28 AM EDT

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson could be headed back to his alma mater after being ousted from the State Department this week by President Trump, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Sources familiar with the conversations tell the newspaper that the University of Texas has reached out to Tillerson in the wake of his firing with the objective of securing the former Exxon CEO as the school's next chancellor.

Several members of a search committee have made "a hard push" to get Tillerson on campus, the Journal reported, and Tillerson is said to have been receptive of the efforts so far.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/380064-university-of-texas-wants-rex-tillerson-as-next-chancellor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: University of Texas wants Rex Tillerson as next chancellor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 02:14:49 pm »

As a former subordinate, I can honestly tell you this is not a good fit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:24:48 pm »
As a former subordinate, I can honestly tell you this is not a good fit.

@catfish1957 Please, tell us more ;)!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 03:32:39 am »
@catfish1957 Please, tell us more ;)!

I only met him once as. a mandatory receiving line of facility department managers at a company event.  Believe me, I was a peon versus Rexus Maximus.

I used to think highly of RT early in his tenure as CEO.  Then came a few decisions in retrospect which are causing the company to lose ground to Chevron.

(1) XTO acquisition.  Underestimating strategic NG prices are and will cause the company to suffer for some time to come.
(2) The planned Russian expansion were a complete bust, due to the inability to manage geo-political trends.  Forgot the $ amount but it was not pretty.
(3) Stock price when he became CEO was $61/sh.  Now it is $72/sh  Ballparkish that it about a 2% incremental increase annually.  Yuck.
(4) Tillerson and his predecessors have archaic ideas of how to treat up and coming professionals.  I won't give too  details, but I'll just say that a hot shot engineer coming right out of college is likely going to give a much more favorable look to XOM's competitors.  This will hurt to company immeausrably for a long time.
(5) Knowing RT's management philosophy adding to the fact UT is the most liberal university in Texas?  It will be a match almost as bad as the State Dept.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very proud to be a retiree of this great company.  It is not an accident that this is the biggest American oil company,  and there is great talent doing great things.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 05:19:32 am »
Oh, wow, @catfish1957, thanks for the lowdown!  I thought he was supposed to be a great manager.  Bleh.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 04:27:34 pm »
Hmmm