Author Topic: Liberals crowing that 'March for our Lives crowds bigger than for Trump inaugural By Rick Moran  (Read 801 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 25, 2018
Liberals crowing that 'March for our Lives crowds bigger than for Trump inaugural
By Rick Moran

Huge crowds turned out yesterday for the "Children's Crusade," AKA "March four our Lives" event. I applaud the activism of the young, their passion, and their desire to change the world - misguided though it all may be.

But the most curious aspect of the media coverage of the events is the emphasis placed on the idea that more people turned out for a demonstration against guns than turned out for Trump's inauguration.

The Hill:

Asked about estimated attendance at the rally, which was expected to draw hundreds of thousands of people, Van Hollen told The Hill, "I can tell you for sure, it's larger than the Trump inauguration."

While exact turnout figures have yet to be released, organizers obtained a permit for 500,000 people to rally in D.C. around Pennsylvania Avenue near the White House. Hundreds of similar marches were planned worldwide.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/03/liberals_crowing_that_march_for_our_lives_crowds_bigger_than_for_trump_inaugural.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This comparison was inevitable.  Conservatives generally have better things to do than show up in DC to support some cause.  When they do convene, people like the TEA party are called dangerous and racist.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This comparison was inevitable.  Conservatives generally have better things to do than show up in DC to support some cause.  When they do convene, people like the TEA party are called dangerous and racist.

When was the last (or first) time conservatives convened on Washington?

Offline edpc

When was the last (or first) time conservatives convened on Washington?

The last one that comes directly to mind would probably be the March For Life rally. What is your point?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The last one that comes directly to mind would probably be the March For Life rally. What is your point?

My point:  Conservatives are not known for their activism or visibility.

And the March for Life rally is not a conservative rally ... trust me, I participate and am familiar with the makeup of the crowd through the years.

Offline edpc

My point:  Conservatives are not known for their activism or visibility.

And the March for Life rally is not a conservative rally ... trust me, I participate and am familiar with the makeup of the crowd through the years.

I fully understand they are not known for activism and visibility, which is why I said this in the first response…

Conservatives generally have better things to do than show up in DC to support some cause.

Since you have participated in the right to life activities, you’d have better knowledge of the inner workings. However, as pro life marches aren’t supported by liberals, it seemed to be better termed as conservative.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:03:26 pm by edpc »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The liberals just can't help it with the gay bravado schtick.
The Republic is lost.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
'Crowing' is an apt term.

Roosters crow daily at sunrise, and then promptly forget it to 'crow' again in 24 hrs.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
These people are so off the page I've seen them complaining about the 'gunsplaining' people who know better are doing.

Because They don't know what they're on about, it's 'Unfair' for people on the other side who do know to confuse them/muddy the water with facts.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:01:41 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
An incessant  crowing rooster will end up with its head chopped off and running about the yard.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

• Wulf Anson Author
An incessant  crowing rooster will end up with its head chopped off and running about the yard.

Except that these A'holes are never penalized in any way.

What I would Like to see is Govt. Officials who pass laws limiting/Infringing on any part of the Bill of Rights get charged out of their own pockets for Court Costs and Damages to the people.

THEY get away with one jerkweed stunt/law/regulation after another all Scot Free and then the rest of us have to keep Paying to get their stinking crap over turned.

Take it out of their pockets.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:52:43 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except that these A'holes are never penalized in any way.

What I would Like to see is Govt. Officials who pass laws limiting/Infringing on any part of the Bill of Rights get charged out of their own pockets for Court Costs and Damages to the people.

THEY get away with one jerkweed stunt/law/regulation after another all Scot Free and then the rest of us have to keep Paying to get their stinking crap over turned.

Take it out of their pockets.

I like that.

I'd also like to see a rule instituted that any government bureaucrat who invokes the 5th Amendment while testifying to Congress be immediately fired, stripped of pension and ordered to pick up his personal office belonging in a box in the reception area of his office after security has gone through his office/cubicle.  Since almost nobody seems to get prosecuted for things said to Congress, to claim fear of prosecution is bogus.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:58:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
I like that.

I'd also like to see a rule instituted that any government bureaucrat who invokes the 5th Amendment while testifying to Congress be immediately fired, stripped of pension and ordered to pick up his personal office belonging in a box in the reception area of his office after security has gone through his office/cubicle.  Since almost nobody seems to get prosecuted for things said to Congress, to claim fear of prosecution is bogus.

:amen: