Author Topic: Trump: Border wall construction will start on Monday  (Read 2562 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump: Border wall construction will start on Monday
« on: March 25, 2018, 02:00:19 am »
SOURCE: WASHINGTON EXAMINER

URL: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-border-wall-construction-will-start-on-monday

BY SARAH WESTWOOD

President Trump said Friday that construction of his promised border wall would start "immediately" after signing the omnibus spending bill, which included $1.6 billion in funding for the wall.

"We're going to be starting work literally on Monday," Trump said during an event Friday at the White House. "We have a lot of money coming to the border."

Trump had threatened earlier Friday to veto the spending bill Congress passed on Thursday because it did not include sufficient funding for the wall and because it omitted expiring protections for young, undocumented immigrants.

Although the White House requested $25 billion in funding for wall construction, lawmakers included just $1.6 billion in the final version of their omnibus. That money can only go to fencing, however, and cannot be used to build a concrete wall anywhere along the border.

"Not happy with $1.6 billion for the wall," Trump said.

Still, Trump described the sum as an "initial down payment" on the wall that would allow his administration to begin building it right away.

"This is short term funding, but it's immediate," Trump said.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump: Border wall construction will start on Monday
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:26:22 am »

The woman who built the Stonehenge stage props for Spinal Tap has some ideas on how to stretch that $1.6 Billion.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:27:06 am by Once-Ler »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:44:04 am »
So we got the check from Mexico???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 03:42:32 am »
Well its Tuesday night.  Has he started on the wall?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 03:49:44 am »
   That's a BIG problem with you #Never's you're so damn impatient.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 03:51:26 am »
I read that part of the bill a few days ago and the allotted money is to "fix" the existing fence, not build a new wall.  Little Parade Boy is literally crazy.  He doesn't know what he is saying or doing from one day to the next.  He also says he doesn't know Stormy or the Bunny girl, never met them, it didn't happen, but they were paid off.  There is no truth in him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 03:59:30 am »
   Geez, @Victoria33 would you admit you knew them?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 04:10:57 am »
I read that part of the bill a few days ago and the allotted money is to "fix" the existing fence, not build a new wall.  Little Parade Boy is literally crazy.  He doesn't know what he is saying or doing from one day to the next.  He also says he doesn't know Stormy or the Bunny girl, never met them, it didn't happen, but they were paid off.  There is no truth in him.

:amen:  He is out and out lying!  Yes, the money that is allocated is to fix and repair the existing wall.  No new money has been appropriated for building of additional wall.  So ... I imagine we'll see Trump's tweets bragging about winning and getting a wall...total b.s.!

His supporters were duped.  Gee, who would've though?   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 04:19:31 am »
Joe DiGenova says this is a DHS plot to embarrass him.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 04:56:27 am »
@corbe

It is his saying he doesn't know them that has gotten him in more trouble.  Now, they have sued him and from what I read/saw today, he will have to go to court for these civil trials while he is president; he can't get out of it.  Once the cases were filed against him, he shut up.  I heard today, he may turn against his lawyer handling these cases.  The lawyer who paid Stormy the $130,000.  Since Trump became an adult, he has had ongoing court cases.  He sued others and/or they sued him.  I hope some Republican runs against him next time, if he manages to stay president until that time.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 05:18:23 am »
@Victoria33

Yeah, just the highest consumer confidence in 18 years, historic levels of employment for minorities, low unemployment for everyone. I will take that crazy and that truth any time. Defeating ISIS and close to denuclearizing North Korea, these two international problems, not his own fault at all.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 06:00:33 am »
@Victoria33

Yeah, just the highest consumer confidence in 18 years, historic levels of employment for minorities, low unemployment for everyone. I will take that crazy and that truth any time. Defeating ISIS and close to denuclearizing North Korea, these two international problems, not his own fault at all.

Yeah, and Mussolini made the trains run on time, too. You make good points Tom, but NK isn't "denuclearized" yet.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »
@Victoria33
@TomSea
@mystery-ak

Trump just stopped Medicare from paying for my hydrocodone pain pills.  I have private med insurance, and now they won't cover that pain med due to Trump's "war" on drugs.  That rule goes into effect next Monday; there is a time period for reviewing the rule, then it starts next January 1.  All people with Medicare will have to pay the full price of the pills and can get only seven days of pills. 

Three days ago, my back muscles on left side, grabbed and I couldn't move due to the massive pain.  I took the anti-spasm pills the doc had given me and those pain pills.  When I had to go to bathroom, once, I bent from my waist forward, horizontal to the floor so the pain was bearable bent over like that, and hobbled to the bathroom.  Sure, Little Parade Boy, take away my pills.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 04:29:51 pm »

That is correct, they are putting in new fencing and some other stuff. The wall is not being built.
Trump should stop claiming it is being built, he is hurting his own credibility by make false claims.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 04:30:39 pm »

:silly:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 04:32:13 pm »
:amen:  He is out and out lying!  Yes, the money that is allocated is to fix and repair the existing wall.  No new money has been appropriated for building of additional wall.  So ... I imagine we'll see Trump's tweets bragging about winning and getting a wall...total b.s.!

His supporters were duped.  Gee, who would've though?   :silly:

Not quite true, there is money for 33 miles of new barriers. But no money for a concert wall.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:34:11 pm by jpsb »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 05:37:03 pm »
@TomSea
@mystery-ak

Trump just stopped Medicare from paying for my hydrocodone pain pills.  I have private med insurance, and now they won't cover that pain med due to Trump's "war" on drugs.  That rule goes into effect next Monday; there is a time period for reviewing the rule, then it starts next January 1.  All people with Medicare will have to pay the full price of the pills and can get only seven days of pills. 

Three days ago, my back muscles on left side, grabbed and I couldn't move due to the massive pain.  I took the anti-spasm pills the doc had given me and those pain pills.  When I had to go to bathroom, once, I bent from my waist forward, horizontal to the floor so the pain was bearable bent over like that, and hobbled to the bathroom.  Sure, Little Parade Boy, take away my pills.

So sorry, Victoria.  Seems like everything he does lately has been adversely affecting many of us.

I said all along this war on opioids is going to harm those who legitimately need these medications, while the abusers will still find a way to get their fix.

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 05:52:53 pm »
Ann Coulter: Trump is a ‘shallow, lazy ignoramus’

“I knew he was a shallow, lazy ignoramus, and I didn’t care,” Coulter acknowledged during an event at Columbia University on Tuesday, the Daily Beast reported.

Coulter was a staunch supporter of Trump’s during the campaign, but has complained that Trump isn’t enacting his immigration policies fast enough. 

"It kind of breaks my heart,” Coulter said. “He’s not giving us what he promised at every single campaign stop.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ann-coulter-trump-is-a-shallow-lazy-ignoramus
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:54:13 pm by edpc »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 05:56:40 pm »

In reality, if he is called on this lie, he will probably just do like he did in the story he told in the Art of the Deal- go and have some trucks move dirt around for the optics even though nothing is actually taking place.

What the bulldozers and dump trucks did wasn’t important, I said, so long as they did a lot of it. - Donald Trump, The Art of the Deal
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:06:28 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 05:57:07 pm »
“I knew he was a shallow, lazy ignoramus, and I didn’t care,” Coulter acknowledged during an event at Columbia University on Tuesday, the Daily Beast reported.
"It kind of breaks my heart,” Coulter said. “He’s not giving us what he promised at every single campaign stop.”

She knew and didn't care and it's breaking her heart because she believed him?   :shrug:

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 06:03:39 pm »
She knew and didn't care and it's breaking her heart because she believed him?   :shrug:

“I regret nothing. I’d do the exact same thing. I’d write the exact same book, with the exact same title,” said Coulter, also the author of the racially charged 2015 anti-immigration screed ¡Adios, America! The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country Into a Third World Hellhole.

“We had 16 lunatics being chased by men with nets running for president—and Trump,” she continued. “So of course I had to be pedal-to-the-metal for Donald Trump. I’d been waiting 30 years for someone to say all these things”—i.e., that Mexicans streaming across the border were drug-dealers, rapists, and murderers, among other distasteful characterizations of foreign visitors to America. “I went into this completely clear-eyed.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/heartbroken-trump-critic-ann-coulter-hes-a-shallow-lazy-ignoramus

Apparently, hearing them say what you want to hear is good enough, even if they don't deliver.   :shrug:

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 07:48:53 pm »
@Victoria33

@TomSea
@Victoria33

I notice you excluded "most pro-life administration" from your list, which is wise, since Trump signed off on another $500 million for Planned Parenthood.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 09:02:57 pm »
@TomSea
@Victoria33

I notice you excluded "most pro-life administration" from your list, which is wise, since Trump signed off on another $500 million for Planned Parenthood.

On top of the full annual funding given in February, so basically doubling Planned Parenthood's funding.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 10:46:27 pm »
Ann Coulter: Trump is a ‘shallow, lazy ignoramus’

Coulter was a staunch supporter of Trump’s during the campaign, but has complained that Trump isn’t enacting his immigration policies fast enough. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ann-coulter-trump-is-a-shallow-lazy-ignoramus

Any alumni of Trump University could have alerted you, Ann.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 11:03:04 pm »
@TomSea
@mystery-ak

Oh boy.  I'm not on Medicare yet, but have private insurance.  My entire body occasionally goes into spasms so much that I can't sit, stand, kneel, or lay down without being in pain.  You guessed it, I just shift from position to position from minute to minute. I usually take hydrocodone along with an anti-spasmodic and hope for the best till things settle down.  I know somewhat what you're going through.  This is what I was afraid of with this 'new and improved' war and drugs; it's going to totally screw people who need pain meds!  When you're in that much pain, something is needed right that minute, not next week, not another trip to the docs, but meds on hand!  A**holes!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.