Author Topic: Trump: Border wall construction will start on Monday  (Read 2550 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: Border wall construction will start on Monday
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 11:07:11 pm »
So sorry, Victoria.  Seems like everything he does lately has been adversely affecting many of us.

I said all along this war on opioids is going to harm those who legitimately need these medications, while the abusers will still find a way to get their fix.

I agree.  I think most of us with a brain realized how it was going to affect those who legitimately need those meds. ALL states should have laws then where patients can have UNLIMITED, UNRESTRICTED access to medical marijuana.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 01:56:53 am »
“I regret nothing. I’d do the exact same thing. I’d write the exact same book, with the exact same title,” said Coulter, also the author of the racially charged 2015 anti-immigration screed ¡Adios, America! The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country Into a Third World Hellhole.

“We had 16 lunatics being chased by men with nets running for president—and Trump,” she continued. “So of course I had to be pedal-to-the-metal for Donald Trump. I’d been waiting 30 years for someone to say all these things”—i.e., that Mexicans streaming across the border were drug-dealers, rapists, and murderers, among other distasteful characterizations of foreign visitors to America. “I went into this completely clear-eyed.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/heartbroken-trump-critic-ann-coulter-hes-a-shallow-lazy-ignoramus

Apparently, hearing them say what you want to hear is good enough, even if they don't deliver.   :shrug:

Her and Hannity.  When she supported Trump I lost any respect I had for her. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 01:59:27 am »
@TomSea
@mystery-ak

Trump just stopped Medicare from paying for my hydrocodone pain pills.  I have private med insurance, and now they won't cover that pain med due to Trump's "war" on drugs.  That rule goes into effect next Monday; there is a time period for reviewing the rule, then it starts next January 1.  All people with Medicare will have to pay the full price of the pills and can get only seven days of pills. 

Three days ago, my back muscles on left side, grabbed and I couldn't move due to the massive pain.  I took the anti-spasm pills the doc had given me and those pain pills.  When I had to go to bathroom, once, I bent from my waist forward, horizontal to the floor so the pain was bearable bent over like that, and hobbled to the bathroom.  Sure, Little Parade Boy, take away my pills.

So wrong.  Drug addicts will get what they want and it won't affect them at all.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 04:54:26 am »
Oh, @Victoria33, I'm sorry you're in so much pain!  And your Medicare supplemental insurance isn't allowed to cover hydrocodone?  That's crazy!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 05:44:44 am »
Oh, @Victoria33, I'm sorry you're in so much pain!  And your Medicare supplemental insurance isn't allowed to cover hydrocodone?  That's crazy!
@LauraTXNM
@mystery-ak

Trump's Medicare rule goes into effect next Monday but it won't start until next Jan. 1.  There is a period of discussion before it goes into effect on Jan. 1.  I can pay for it without insurance (many could not) but limiting the amount to 7 days of pills is unbelievable.  He wants to stop people from taking them because HE doesn't need any - take them away from everyone else.  If he did need them, sure he could get them free of charge and as many as he wanted from his free doctor, courtesy of the tax payers.

All people, people with cancer, won't be able to get more than 7 days worth, according to his rule.  When could they get another 7 days worth - have no idea.

All this information was in the Dallas Newspaper today.  Doctors are complaining, but they aren't the president.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:45:14 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 03:44:46 pm »
Oh boy.  I'm not on Medicare yet, but have private insurance.  My entire body occasionally goes into spasms so much that I can't sit, stand, kneel, or lay down without being in pain.  You guessed it, I just shift from position to position from minute to minute. I usually take hydrocodone along with an anti-spasmodic and hope for the best till things settle down.  I know somewhat what you're going through.  This is what I was afraid of with this 'new and improved' war and drugs; it's going to totally screw people who need pain meds!  When you're in that much pain, something is needed right that minute, not next week, not another trip to the docs, but meds on hand!  A**holes!!
@libertybele

My pain is like yours except I can't move any part of my body without crushing pain in my back, so I don't move at all.  I know how you feel when this happens - you want to be knocked out because the pain is unbearable - on a scale of 1-10, the pain is a 15.  Both of us take the same meds, hydrocodone and anti-spasm pills.  Along with the three pills (two hydrocodone, one anti-spasm), I drank a Corona beer - anything to dull the pain.  I never feel any effects in my brain, feeling woozy, etc., due to taking the pills and an alcoholic drink.  The time before this time, when this happened, I drank a half bottle of wine with the pills, until Bob took the wine away from me.  I didn't take more pain pills than prescribed at one time, but I can see how people could do that to try to stop the pain.  The pain prescription is two every six hours and the anti-spasm is one every 8 hours.