Author Topic: Letting Trump Be Trump  (Read 643 times)

Offline endicom

Letting Trump Be Trump
« on: March 25, 2018, 12:25:02 am »
PJ Media
Michael Walsh
Mar. 24, 2018

Presidents who come from outside the professional political class run and win on their lack of Washington experience. But once they get to the capital, it seems, they quickly fall prey to Beltwayitis as the scourges and blood-suckers of the District of Columbia attach themselves, lamprey-like, to their extremities and begin feeding. Entering office without a K Street Rolodex, new chief executives are forced to staff up by relying on the suggestions of others -- often, the very same politicians and consultants they defeated on their way to the White House.

Thus it was that back in the '80s the cry went up to "let Reagan be Reagan," as the president's conservative supporters both inside the administration and across the country felt stifled by the business-as-usual johnnies who had entered Reagan's orbit in part through his forced marriage with the consummate insider, George H. W. Bush (that's how you got Bush). Naturally, the media, which hated Reagan back then almost as much as it hates Donald Trump today, sneered at the notion of a liberated Ronnie, preferring to see his presidency through its customary prism of Stupid Republicans:

More... https://pjmedia.com/michaelwalsh/letting-trump-trump/

Online DB

Re: Letting Trump Be Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 12:34:51 am »
Like Trump hasn't always done whatever he wanted to do...

From tweeting to grabbing things...

The problem is what he "wants to do" changes by the minute...

There are no base principles that he makes decisions from. It is whatever most recently sounded best by those who stroke his ego the best. And that changes on a dime.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 12:37:48 am »

There are no base principles that he makes decisions from. It is whatever most recently sounded best by those who stroke his ego the best. And that changes on a dime.

You don't know any of that. You're just parroting what you read.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 12:43:22 am »

You don't know any of that. You're just parroting what you read.

Well how do you know anything if you don't read it?

Watch a movie?

I don't have to parrot anything. It has been right in front of us since Trump came on the scene.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 01:06:00 am »

My thoughts exactly.  I think Trump has few, if any, true ideological principles other than wanting to be liked.  As such, I really think he supports whatever he thinks will gain him the most adoration in the moment.  I think this logic can explain why Trump positions have so often changed (e.g., DACA, gun control, national healthcare, taxing hedge fund managers, abortion, etc.).  JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 01:25:26 am »

You don't know anything about what he tweets. You're just parroting what you read.

Wait, huh?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 01:47:46 am »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 02:31:18 am »

Genius? That's not how you spell Jacka............

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 03:17:15 am »
PJ Media
Michael Walsh
Mar. 24, 2018

Presidents who come from outside the professional political class run and win on their lack of Washington experience. But once they get to the capital, it seems, they quickly fall prey to Beltwayitis as the scourges and blood-suckers of the District of Columbia attach themselves, lamprey-like, to their extremities and begin feeding. Entering office without a K Street Rolodex, new chief executives are forced to staff up by relying on the suggestions of others -- often, the very same politicians and consultants they defeated on their way to the White House.

Thus it was that back in the '80s the cry went up to "let Reagan be Reagan," as the president's conservative supporters both inside the administration and across the country felt stifled by the business-as-usual johnnies who had entered Reagan's orbit in part through his forced marriage with the consummate insider, George H. W. Bush (that's how you got Bush). Naturally, the media, which hated Reagan back then almost as much as it hates Donald Trump today, sneered at the notion of a liberated Ronnie, preferring to see his presidency through its customary prism of Stupid Republicans:

More... https://pjmedia.com/michaelwalsh/letting-trump-trump/

Letting Trump be Trump scares me to death. True story.