Author Topic: Virginia man arrested for reportedly threatening to shoot congressman and staffers  (Read 677 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Virginia man arrested for reportedly threatening to shoot congressman and staffers

scott_taylor   (US House of Representatives)

A Virginia man was arrested on Friday, accused of threatening to kill his congressman over a disagreement on marijuana policy.

Wallace Godwin, 69, was arrested after meeting with staffers for Rep. Scott Taylor, R-Va., on Thursday and threatening to shoot the congressman and two staffers over Taylor's support of marijuana decriminalization, The Washington Post reported.

Goodwin reportedly said, “Scott is having an event this Saturday. I am going to get my shotgun and do something about this,” according to court documents.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/23/virginia-man-arrested-for-reportedly-threatening-to-shoot-congressman-and-staffers.html

So, I'd heard about this all day, what a surprise to find out, the Congressman threatened was Scott Taylor who without knowing much more, has a bit of a libertarian streak and, is a bit soft on Dreamers.

Not sure if this was posted. I did not see it.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I thought weed made you mellow.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.