Author Topic: Donald Trump Issues Order To Ban Most Transgender Troops From Serving In Military  (Read 2268 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Yeah if Trump thinks this political posturing is going to get him out of the dog house he is very much mistaken. He tried this months ago and SoD Mattis told him to go sit on it. This is a big
nothing burger.

Trump really screwed the pooch.  With one swipe of a pen he kissed his presidency goodbye.   Dumb bastard
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:56:10 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump really screwed the pooch.  With one swipe of a pen he kissed his presidency goodbye.   Dumb bastard

Not surprising that a Richter scale signature could cause a political earthquake.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No, this is not social engineering,

Yes it is - if it is being imposed on the military by politicians.   The point of my post was that I don't know if this was the case here, echoing what @Stevensr123  said.   But it doggone better well be something that the military feels is necessary.  Otherwise it is exploitation of our soldiers by a politician seeking a sop to social conservatives. 

Look, I don't understand what makes a transgendered person tick any more than you do. But the world is changing in lots of ways I don't understand.   Some changes are benign, some not.    I've never been particularly concerned with folks with lifestyles that don't harm me or others.   Why can't a transgendered person serve in the military?  The answer isn't obvious to me, but I have no more qualifications to address issues like unit cohesion and preparedness than President Trump does.   That question is best answered by the professional military.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:32:19 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

@corbe

Yep, Steve Deace and Matt Walsh are right...this is pandering to distract from the signing of that disastrous bill.