Author Topic: Donald Trump Issues Order To Ban Most Transgender Troops From Serving In Military  (Read 2269 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The Telegraph UK
Our Foreign Staff
24 MARCH 2018 • 1:44AM

[excerpt]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/24/donald-trump-issues-order-ban-transgender-troops-serving-military/

Donald Trump issued an order on Friday to ban transgender people from serving in the military except under "limited circumstances".

The White House said retaining troops with a history or diagnosis of "gender dysphoria" - those who may require substantial medical treatment - "presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality."

The US president received recommendations from Jim Mattis, the Defence Secretary, in February for dealing with transgender individuals serving in the military.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline endicom

This should be good. The DoD says it will continue to follow federal law, whatever that means, to process transgender troops.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
These gender confused people may mean well but good intentions are not enough.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

With 41% attempting suicide they've no business in combat endangering their team mates lives.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Stevensr123

Only problem I have with this is, is this political or??

As far as I'm concerned, politicians should stay the f**$ out of military apart from signing the checks.

If the military wanted this, then it is just. If they disagree with it, despite what the people think, it should not happen

Offline musiclady

I agree with doing this since these people are mentally ill, but wonder whether this order is legal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

The early 70's USAF certainly acclimated me to the Social Climate of the day, first (and only time) I ever lived with a Black Man, Good Guy,  then they integrated my Barracks with Women (WAF).  Needless to say, I left the Black guy in my room on the third floor and moved in with a white woman downstairs, whom I did Marry, eventually, briefly. 

But this transgender $hit must be just a Bridge Too Far for any level headed Young Man or Woman, today.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Well, the ones that remain can be F-35 pilots, so we 'literally can't see' them.

"Amazing job … so amazing we are ordering hundreds of millions of dollars of new planes for the Air Force, especially the F-35. You like the F-35? ... you can't see it. You literally can't see it. It's hard to fight a plane you can't see," Mr Trump said in October.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-24/donald-trump-hails-f-35-fighter-jets-you-literally-cant-see/9187582
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There is no such thing as a transgendered person and no one will ever make such a thing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Well, the ones that remain can be F-35 pilots, so we 'literally can't see' them.

"Amazing job … so amazing we are ordering hundreds of millions of dollars of new planes for the Air Force, especially the F-35. You like the F-35? ... you can't see it. You literally can't see it. It's hard to fight a plane you can't see," Mr Trump said in October.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-24/donald-trump-hails-f-35-fighter-jets-you-literally-cant-see/9187582

Can you tweet pictures to someone?

Offline musiclady

There is no such thing as a transgendered person and no one will ever make such a thing.

Absolutely correct!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Only problem I have with this is, is this political or??

As far as I'm concerned, politicians should stay the f**$ out of military apart from signing the checks.

If the military wanted this, then it is just. If they disagree with it, despite what the people think, it should not happen

Yup.  This just smacks of politics.  I hope I am wrong.  I hope it is the military itself that wants this policy shift, for military reasons.  Otherwise,  this is a textbook case of social engineering, something we routinely excorciate the left for.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

Yup.  This just smacks of politics.  I hope I am wrong.  I hope it is the military itself that wants this policy shift, for military reasons.  Otherwise,  this is a textbook case of social engineering, something we routinely excorciate the left for.   

Not allowing participation due to mental instability is not social engineering.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

What matters is whether they can do the job.  I suspect few are in the infantry,  but serve in support or logistical capacities.   And whether they are a credit to the military should be the concern of officers and brass, not politicians.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

What matters is whether they can do the job.  I suspect few are in the infantry,  but serve in support or logistical capacities.   And whether they are a credit to the military should be the concern of officers and brass, not politicians.

Like Bradley/Chelsea Manning.....or whatever it's going by these days?

Offline RoosGirl

Mentally unstable people should have no role when it comes to national security.  And I repeat, not allowing participation due to mental instability is not social engineering.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:29:00 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Stevensr123

again though, is that the view of the military top brass and the military top brass and scientific community or politicians and what their base thinks is best?
For me a military needs to be above politics, race , religion and secure and should be deemed on results and actions.

This should be a military decision solely and so should future decisions.

How does trump or s politician know what is the best decision when they have backed out of war?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:32:12 am by Stevensr123 »

Offline RoosGirl

again though, is that the view of the military top brass and the military top brass and scientific community or politicians and what their base thinks is best?
For me a military needs to be above politics, race , religion and secure and should be deemed on results and actions.

Considering the types of people I've heard that our last POTUS filled our military with I'm not sure being above politics, race, religion is even possible anymore.

Offline edpc

Can you tweet pictures to someone?

Yes, but it would get one of two reactions from Trump:

1)  It would be fake news, because he can see it.
2)  He would be on the phone to Lockheed Martin demanding a refund.

Lockheed Martin CEO, Maryllin Hewson, was referred to in an announcement by Trump as Maryllin Lockheed.  Her reaction in the video is quite amusing.  You can tell she's hoping he's smart enough to read and sign the purchase authorization.

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2018/03/22/whats-in-a-name-ask-donaldtrumps-pal-marillyn.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:53:26 am by edpc »

Offline corbe

I feel the urgent need to slap somebody.

Offline musiclady

Actually, it’s reversing the social engineering.

Offline Meldrew

SFGate.com has its knickers in a knot over the DOJ not releasing the names of "Trumps experts" on the transgender ban.  As

@irishspy comments on twitter, the SJW's would make those folks lives miserable.  This seems to me to be at least as interesting as the actual ban. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

It would really be something had he not signed that bill today.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, this is not social engineering, 

Offline jpsb

Yeah if Trump thinks this political posturing is going to get him out of the dog house he is very much mistaken. He tried this months ago and SoD Mattis told him to go sit on it. This is a big
nothing burger.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:07:48 pm by jpsb »