Author Topic: Rush: This Budget Was Designed to End the Trump Presidency  (Read 1208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: This Budget Was Designed to End the Trump Presidency
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:57:55 pm »

This Budget Was Designed to End the Trump Presidency

Mar 23, 2018

RUSH: I do not know how the president can sign this budget. Wait ’til you hear — and you may have heard some of it. But wait ’til you hear what’s in this budget. When you hear what’s in this budget, it will become crystal clear what the purpose of this budget is. Think of this budget as a branch office of the Mueller investigation trying to throw Trump out of office.

JOHNNY DONOVAN: And now, from sunny south Florida, it’s Open Line Friday!

RUSH: Well, I’m telling you, it’s the deep state, I don’t care where you go, it’s the establishment trying to get rid of Donald Trump any which way they can. And there is no question — just wait ’til you hear it. You know what? I’m gonna stop characterizing it and I’m just gonna give you some stuff, and you will understand why I, practically alone yesterday, was suggesting that this thing be vetoed. And do you remember why I said it should be vetoed?

Even before I had gotten time to get into the nuts and bolts of this it was patently obvious to me that this budget is designed to separate Trump voters from Trump. This budget is designed to make Trump voters think that Trump’s presidency is irrelevant. This budget is designed to make Trump voters concluded, “You know what? There isn’t gonna be a wall and there isn’t gonna be anything serious on immigration and so having Trump be president is meaningless.”

That’s what this budget is designed to make you think, but after it’s signed into law. It’s 2,200 pages. There is no way anybody could have read all of it and digested it in the limited time they had before the vote.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/03/23/cant-sign-budget-mr-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Rush: This Budget Was Designed to End the Trump Presidency
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:01:19 pm »
This Budget Was Designed to End the Trump Presidency

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 09:45:40 pm »
History might recall that this was the bill that ended the Republican Party.

By design.

Suicide is painless.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:46:47 pm »
And, Rush helped get him elected.   

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »
While I don't doubt they'd pass a bill like this just to screw Trump, they've been doing this for years now. They just don't seem to care in general, about the majority, about their seats, their constituents, or anything. Maybe they're getting enough under the table that all they care about is just take the money and run.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 09:57:13 pm »
If this was the plan, how smart Trump must be to step right into it.

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 10:31:36 pm »

End the Trump presidency? What of their individual offices?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 10:52:03 pm »
While I don't doubt they'd pass a bill like this just to screw Trump, they've been doing this for years now. They just don't seem to care in general, about the majority, about their seats, their constituents, or anything. Maybe they're getting enough under the table that all they care about is just take the money and run.

Or.... the fundamental transformation is already done and set - and your average Republican now knows where the power is going to lie - and therefore they are going to do everything they can to share in it.

Which is why it appears they don't give a shit about their constituencies or whether they hold a majority in Congress.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775