Author Topic: Fact check: Trump says spending bill starts work on his border wall. It doesn't.  (Read 723 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So we are waiting another year.. maybe..

The money earmarked for border security can only be used to repair and build previously-approved fencing.

....But Trump's claim — that the $1.6 billion triggers work starting on the wall he's promised — is false. The funds earmarked for border protection construction and improvements can only be used to repair and build previously-approved fencing, according to the bill. There is $38 million in funds earmarked for their planning and design of border walls, but none for the construction of a new kind of wall like the prototypes Trump recently toured in San Diego.......

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fact-check-trump-says-spending-bill-starts-work-his-border-n859561

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Another fail of the Suckubus bill.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RoosGirl

Sooooo..... is he lying or just that totally clueless??  I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that.

Offline libertybele

The first spending bill had verbage in it that there would be no monies allocated for future fence.  Obviously the past several spending bills still don't allocate monies needed. Trump seems to have become the great pretender ... he know he's not going to get the money needed. I decided not to use the word liar as I didn't want the spears coming towards me from his supporters along with their arguments that he's just beginning ... he needs more time.  Where have we heard that one before?  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

I thought that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Applewood

I thought that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

I've also been told that the wall is just symbolic.  Trump never really meant for an actual wall to be built. 

You see, there is an explanation (excuse or lie) for every occasion.  Sometimes, more than one.

Offline jpsb

Sooooo..... is he lying or just that totally clueless??  I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that.

He's lying to save face.

Offline goodwithagun

I've also been told that the wall is just symbolic.  Trump never really meant for an actual wall to be built. 

You see, there is an explanation (excuse or lie) for every occasion.  Sometimes, more than one.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

He's lying to save face.

What leadership  *****rollingeyes*****
I stand with Roosgirl.