Author Topic: Bill Clinton Redux  (Read 353 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Bill Clinton Redux
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:27:01 pm »
We've seen all of this before
By Rich Lowry
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/donald-trump-bill-clinton-parallels-similar-scandals/

Stormy Daniels could have stepped right out of the 1990s.

She would have been a natural in a Bill Clinton scandal, and, in fact, all the same means would have been used against her.

Donald Trump’s tactics in these cases are almost indistinguishable from the Clintons’. The effort to shut down the accusers, the unconvincing denials, the legal maneuvering, the sleazy fixers, the media allies trying to sweep it under the rug — it’s all there . . .

. . . Even if Trump’s side wins the legal battles, Daniels and [former Playboy Playmate] McDougal have, in effect, found ways around their agreements by making such a stink about them. The point of an NDA is supposed to be that no one knows about the NDA. Typically, the subject of an NDA doesn’t promote a tour of strip clubs based on the affair she was supposed to not disclose.

Trump’s best strategy in all of this would be one easy sentence: “I’ve done things I’m not proud of" . . .

. . . Stormy Daniels is Trump’s Gennifer Flowers. Summer Zervos, the former Apprentice contestant suing Trump for defamation, could be his Paula Jones, if she actually gets him embroiled in civil litigation. What Trump lacks is a Monica Lewinsky to drag all of this into the present. It was Clinton’s affair with a White House intern and his lies about it under oath that transformed his scandals from lurid distractions to all-consuming national scandal . . .

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:28:56 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Bill Clinton Redux
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 05:35:46 pm »
"Let's move on"

One big difference. We ignored what Clinton did before he took office, even though we knew about Gennifer Flowers. What got Clinton was what he did while in office.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:36:46 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Bill Clinton Redux
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »
Don't be silly.  Stormy is too old and not fat enough for Bill.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: