Author Topic: Democratic leaders celebrate budget bill: 'We're able to accomplish more in the minority'  (Read 361 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic leaders celebrate budget bill: 'We're able to accomplish more in the minority'
by Al Weaver
 | March 22, 2018 02:27 PM

Democratic leaders spiked the football Thursday after the House passed the $1.3 trillion omnibus spending package and argued they have been able to accomplish more despite not holding the White House or either congressional chamber.

After rolling through a litany of Democratic wins in the spending package, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., declared Democrats were big winners in the bipartisan bill despite their standing in Congress. Specifically, he touted funding for the Gateway tunnel project and increased spending for the National Institutes of Health, along with other programs.

"It's a funny thing. In a certain sense, we're able to accomplish more in the minority than we were when we had the presidency or even were in the majority," Schumer said when asked at one point about the wildfire-related funding that was included in the bill.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/democratic-leaders-celebrate-budget-bill-were-able-to-accomplish-more-in-the-minority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
When you are right you are right Chuck.  Take a bow.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GrouchoTex

No kidding.
Our wonderful majority.
Thanks, y'all.
With friends like these......

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have only two words for those who voted for or signed this bill into law.  F £(& Y@Â¥!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Little solace that it is, all three Iowa GOP Reps and both GOP Senators voted negatory on this bill.
The Republic is lost.