Author Topic: Breitbart’s readership plunges  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Suppressed

Breitbart’s readership plunges
« on: March 21, 2018, 01:20:54 pm »
Breitbart’s readership plunges
The onetime voice of the pro-Trump alt right struggles to find a niche without its driving force, Steve Bannon.
By JASON SCHWARTZ 03/20/2018 09:08 PM EDT
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/20/breitbart-readership-plunge-steve-bannon-474801

Breitbart, the alt-right news site whose executive chairman Steve Bannon was pushed out in January after feuding with President Donald Trump, has lost about half its readership according to comScore, raising questions about its future.

The site dropped from 15 million unique visitors in October, per comScore, to 13.7 million in November, 9.9 million in December, 8.5 million in January and 7.8 million in February.

[...]

There are several potential causes for Breitbart’s troubles, including changes to Facebook’s newsfeed algorithm, amped up investment in digital by Fox News, and the shifting status of Bannon. Once Trump’s campaign chairman, White House strategist, and closest ally, Bannon left the administration in August and returned to Breitbart, only to be forced out by the site’s board after he criticized Trump and his family in Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury.” Without its driving force, Breitbart has struggled to find a clear identity. And after a significantly diminished presence at this year’s CPAC conference, there is a growing sense that its influence is on the wane.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Breitbart’s readership plunges
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 01:22:31 pm »
Maybe people want something a little more intelligent?

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:39:35 pm »
Sensationalist claims unhinged from fact-based reporting and idol worship are not what Andrew Breitbart had in mind.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 01:41:33 pm »
Good news..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 01:46:27 pm »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 02:33:01 pm »
Bannon was a "driving force" all right.  He drove Breitbart off a cliff. 

Sad.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 08:43:53 pm »
I miss Andrew, whose name has been sullied since his passing.  :crying:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 08:46:59 pm »
Ok. How's Polutico doing through this same time period? Newsweak? Gawker?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:20 pm »
Russia bots are readers too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 12:26:00 am »
Eagerly awaits Breitbart headline claiming it's actually their strongest year on record and that viewership is way up. *****rollingeyes*****
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 12:34:21 am »
I was a regular reader of the site. I followed all the way into the primaries. Just after Iowa, I saw a shift.
Trump, Cruz, Rubio, and Paul seemed to get a fair amount of coverage, and about equal time.
Then Bannon, saw 2 opportunities.
One, Trump brings ratings.
Two, he could have his own opportunity with Trump, that the other candidates would nor give him.
So the opportunistic Brannon jumped on the Trump train.
My last straw was when they put a picture of the Cleveland Cavaliers victory parade up on their website, and called it a photo from a Trump Jacksonville rally.
Pravda much?
I also miss Andrew.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:35:20 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 05:34:21 am »
I was a regular reader of the site. I followed all the way into the primaries. Just after Iowa, I saw a shift.
Trump, Cruz, Rubio, and Paul seemed to get a fair amount of coverage, and about equal time.
Then Bannon, saw 2 opportunities.
One, Trump brings ratings.
Two, he could have his own opportunity with Trump, that the other candidates would nor give him.
So the opportunistic Brannon jumped on the Trump train.
My last straw was when they put a picture of the Cleveland Cavaliers victory parade up on their website, and called it a photo from a Trump Jacksonville rally.
Pravda much?
I also miss Andrew.

@GrouchoTex  I’m glad you took note of the changes.  I hadn’t heard about that photo.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 10:25:37 am »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 02:58:54 pm »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 03:15:54 pm »
@Suppressed LOL Thanks!  I'm going to use this with my students as an example of what not to do ;).

What do you teach, @LauraTXNM ?
+++++++++

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 04:50:08 pm »

What do you teach, @LauraTXNM ?

@Suppressed  I work with the K-8 kids at my son's school on tech projects, and I'm always looking for projects.  Right now we are learning some basic breadboard circuitry, building robotic arms, and doing some beginning Python coding.  But we do a lot of digital literacy work, and your image is perfect!

@everyone If anybody ever has any suggestions for little kid engineering projects, etc., please let me know!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
@Suppressed  I work with the K-8 kids at my son's school on tech projects, and I'm always looking for projects.  Right now we are learning some basic breadboard circuitry, building robotic arms, and doing some beginning Python coding.  But we do a lot of digital literacy work, and your image is perfect!

@everyone If anybody ever has any suggestions for little kid engineering projects, etc., please let me know!
@LauraTXNM

Have you worked with Raspberry Pi projects? Are there any simple enough or that can be modified for K-8?
+++++++++

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 05:07:49 pm »
@LauraTXNM

Have you worked with Raspberry Pi projects? Are there any simple enough or that can be modified for K-8?

@Suppressed I've been thinking about it but haven't really explored yet.  Have you played with a Raspberry Pi?  What were projects you enjoyed?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 06:34:54 pm »
@Suppressed I've been thinking about it but haven't really explored yet.  Have you played with a Raspberry Pi?  What were projects you enjoyed?

@LauraTXNM  I haven't.  But perhaps someone in Science/Tech/Computers has.
+++++++++

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/132-3621730-9658460?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=raspberry+pi+projects+for+kids

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 07:12:03 pm »
@LauraTXNM  I haven't.  But perhaps someone in Science/Tech/Computers has.

@Suppressed @DB Thanks, you all!  I'll look in Sci/Tech.  I'd like to do more woodworking with them, but their parents have fits ;(.  A lot of what we do is pretty basic, using cardboard tubes and "junk".