Author Topic: Mississippi governor intends to appoint former Democrat to Cochran’s Senate seat  (Read 587 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mississippi governor intends to appoint former Democrat to Cochran’s Senate seat
Conservative Review, Mar 20, 2018, Chris Pandolfo 

The Republican governor of Mississippi intends to appoint a former Democrat to fill the seat Senator Thad Cochran, R-Miss., is vacating next month.

The New York Times reports that Gov. Phil Bryant, R-Miss., is expected to name state agriculture commissioner Cindy Hyde-Smith, a former Democratic state senator who became a Republican during the Tea Party wave in 2010, to serve as the interim U.S. senator from Mississippi until a special election is held in November, following Cochran’s retirement on April 1. If appointed, Hyde-Smith might then run against state senator Chris McDaniel, who nearly defeated Thad Cochran in the 2014 Republican primary and has declared his candidacy for Cochran’s seat in 2018. There is no primary in the special election, and if no candidate earns an outright majority, the top two vote-getters will have a head-to-head rematch in a runoff election.

McDaniel supporters rallied at the Mississippi state capitol last week to urge Gov. Bryant to appoint him to serve as the interim U.S. senator. But the governor has criticized McDaniel for switching races after he initially declared his candidacy against Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss.  “This opportunistic behavior is a sad commentary for a young man who once had great potential,” Bryant said of McDaniel.

More: https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/mississippi-governor-intends-appoint-former-democrat-cochrans-senate-seat/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...but will she vote with the Dems.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
SO MS is going from a Pubbie who wants to pretend he's a Dem, to a Dem who wants to pretend she's a Pubbie.  Do I have this straight?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mitch McConnell wanted Bryant to appoint... Bryant. So I imagine even he's not happy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

A Rat in Thads seat. Will anyone realize the difference?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Maybe if she goes Republican, Independence, Democrat, Republican, Unaffiliated, and Republican again, she could run for President.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe if she goes Republican, Independence, Democrat, Republican, Unaffiliated, and Republican again, she could run for President.

Why not. It worked for Reagan.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Why not. It worked for Reagan.

He changed parties once, not five times.  It's hilarious to see tbe nail chewing over this person's 2010 conversion, when Weathervane Donnie was a Dem in 2009 and announced his candidacy as a Republican in 2015.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline kevindavis007

Well if Mark Levin's site hates her, I like her.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org