Author Topic: Trump cutting Obama-era refugee admissions 77%  (Read 555 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump cutting Obama-era refugee admissions 77%
« on: March 22, 2018, 12:58:28 am »
Trump cutting Obama-era refugee admissions 77%
Washington Examiner, Mar 21, 2018, Paul Bedard

The Trump administration, which has proposed a massive 60 percent reduction in refugee admissions from the Obama-era high of 110,000, is expected to cut that number even deeper. according to preliminary estimates.

Experts evaluating the administration’s latest refugee totals now predict a slash of over 77 percent, to 25,000 refugees a year.

The national quota was lowered drastically by the Trump administration from 2018. His quota is, like, 45,000. Likely by the end of the year the number will be substantially less than even that,” according to Don Barnett, a fellow at the Center for Immigration Studies and widely published on refugee resettlement and asylum issues.

At a Tuesday conference, he added that Trump could “zero out” refugees, because it is up to the president to set levels.

Read more: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trump-cutting-obama-era-refugee-admissions-77

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump cutting Obama-era refugee admissions 77%
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:04 am »
Refugees can still enter the U.S. if they can prove close familial relationships to people that are already in the country. This new exemption is the result of a Supreme Court ruling in late June on Trump's travel ban executive order. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-hits-refugee-limit-for-2017/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 01:32:11 am »
Refugees can still enter the U.S. if they can prove close familial relationships to people that are already in the country. This new exemption is the result of a Supreme Court ruling in late June on Trump's travel ban executive order. 

Congress would have to carve out restrictions on chain migration for one group.....and they won't do that. 

Call your representatives and tell them you want the President's immigration reform bill, with the wall, passed and passed quickly.

Once this passes we can put it all together vis-à-vis refugees:  We'll have fewer, from fewer trouble spots, with better vetting and chain migration limited to spouse and dependent children. 

Plus, we'll also have a wall.  ^-^

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 01:41:20 am »
Credit where it's due, and it's due here.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 02:34:59 am »

No. It's more than that. This is a fairly significant halt to the number pouring into the country.