Author Topic: White House national security team fingered in Trump’s Putin call leak  (Read 889 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House national security team fingered in Trump’s Putin call leak
by Paul Bedard
 | March 21, 2018 01:25 PM

The White House national security team, already facing calls for the ouster of top adviser H.R. McMaster, was tagged by a key lawmaker with leaking confidential notes ordering President Trump not to congratulate Russian President Vladimir Putin for his election win.

Rep. Mark Meadows, a conservative leader and foreign policy expert, expressed outrage at the leak and suggested that it and others thought to come from the national security council are crimes.

“Here’s the big deal. If you’ve got the national security council team leaking to the press, that’s a big deal,” he told reporters at a Heritage Foundation sponsored “Conversations with Conservatives” on Capitol Hill Wednesday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/white-house-national-security-team-fingered-in-trumps-putin-call-leak
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

If you wanted to kick McLoser out and was looking for a solid reason for doing so, wouldn't it be a slick idea to make the call to Putin and do the opposite of what was recommended to see if it leaked out? I think this was a pretty fun idea.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
This is a big deal, and I don't blame Trump for being angry.  In any case, if he's not going to take the advice of his chosen experts, it's time for a change.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

He used his notes, they were just the old ones from the school shooting meeting.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is a big deal, and I don't blame Trump for being angry.  In any case, if he's not going to take the advice of his chosen experts, it's time for a change.

No it's not.  The President's advisors give opinions.  The President makes the final call.

Are you calling for an administration of yes men?

If you wanted to kick McLoser out and was looking for a solid reason for doing so, wouldn't it be a slick idea to make the call to Putin and do the opposite of what was recommended to see if it leaked out? I think this was a pretty fun idea.

88devil

Offline LauraTXNM

No it's not.  The President's advisors give opinions.  The President makes the final call.

Nope, but it sounds like the ALL CAPS comments meant they thought they were crucial.  YMMV
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Frank Cannon

You mistake the words "advice" for "command".

Offline LauraTXNM

You mistake the words "advice" for "command".

Nope.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nope.

Really? You are aware that most of Reagan's advisors told him not to do the Berlin Wall speech or half of what he did with the Soviets.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The White House national security team, already facing calls for the ouster of top adviser H.R. McMaster, was tagged by a key lawmaker with leaking confidential notes ordering President Trump not to congratulate Russian President Vladimir Putin for his election win.

"Ordering?"  The White House security team gives "orders" to the POTUS?  Who the heck wrote and edited this bilge?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Really? You are aware that most of Reagan's advisors told him not to do the Berlin Wall speech or half of what he did with the Soviets.

Reagan's advisors were upset about a few things.  Reykjavik, for example.  They were furious about that.  Bitburg was another.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Disappointing, the local talk show host was upset, I couldn't hear enough of what his total view was.

Russia now, is a pariah nation and one of the listeners called in and was upset, because Putin has his supporters.

Offline Frank Cannon

Reagan's advisors were upset about a few things.  Reykjavik, for example.  They were furious about that.  Bitburg was another.

That's the problem around here. Folks have a very short memory and no historical perspective. That is why they are perpetually disappointed and outraged when history repeats itself.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's the problem around here. Folks have a very short memory and no historical perspective. That is why they are perpetually disappointed and outraged when history repeats itself.

I have problems with people who work certain jobs in the White house.  Advisors and Speechwriters are way up my list of crappy people.  Advisors for the reasons mentioned so far, and Speechwriters because they have the foul habit of thinking that because they write the words a President uses from a podium, they are therefore the brains behind them.  Peggy Noonan and David Frum are two of the worst examples there are present today.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:11:11 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Everyone knows there isn't a CEO alive who doesn't hold a meeting with at least a note card.  It helps to keep a meeting on track and cover essential issues.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Everyone knows there isn't a CEO alive who doesn't hold a meeting with at least a note card.  It helps to keep a meeting on track and cover essential issues.

(I wish my boss would do that.)
I will NOT comply.

Mark Levin: ‘You cannot have a leak right under the president’s nose like this!’
Conservative Review, Mar 21, 2018, Nate Madden

<snip>

“I wouldn’t congratulate Putin, but it’s not the end of the world,” Levin said. “Trump has stood up to Putin. He’s stood up to [Chinese president] Xi. He’s standing up to North Korea.”

The real problem with the story, Levin said, is that someone on the National Security Council went behind the president’s back to leak information to the press about how high-level White House aides urged Trump not to congratulate Putin prior to the call, and they need to be taken to task.

“That skunk, that rat fink, needs to be found, exposed, humiliated, and kicked the hell out of their job, whoever he or she is,” Levin concluded. “You cannot have a leak right under the president’s nose like this. It can’t happen.”

More: https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/mark-levin-cannot-leak-right-presidents-nose-like/