Author Topic: Trump Calls 'Much Of The Stormy Daniels Stuff' A 'Political Hoax', Ally Says  (Read 1144 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

President Donald Trump has referred to stories around his alleged affair with adult film star Stormy Daniels as a 'political hoax,' a friend of the president said.

Chris Ruddy, an ABC News contributor and the founder and CEO of news and opinion site Newsmax who said he spoke to the president yesterday, told ABC News “This Week” Co-Anchor Martha Raddatz on Sunday that Trump "said he thought that, that much of the Stormy Daniels stuff was a political hoax.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-stormy-daniels-stuff-political-hoax-ally-words/story?id=54000127
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:02:16 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

"You know, at the bottom line, there’s just never been a claim of -- of -- of harassment," Ruddy said. “So the president looks at this and I think he’s looking at it like I’m looking at it. This is politically motivated to hurt and embarrass him in some way."

You can't shame the shameless.

Offline DB

She's just cashing in on the opportunity that you provided her.

I'd guess Stormy videos are flying off the shelf now...

The thing is, we know Trump is lying about having "relations" with her. He's bragged in the past about having sex with various women while married. This is clearly more of the same. If he'd just say "ya, I had sex with that woman" his approval ratings would likely go up... His fans would love it. But instead he's fighting a losing battle with zip upside while we all know he's lying to our faces. That just further erodes whatever trust people have left in him.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:08:37 pm by DB »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
She's just cashing in on the opportunity that you provided her.

I'd guess Stormy videos are flying off the shelf now...

The thing is, we know Trump is lying about having "relations" with her. He's bragged in the past about having sex with various women while married. This is clearly more of the same. If he'd just say "ya, I had sex with that woman" his approval ratings would likely go up... His fans would love it. But instead he's fighting a losing battle with zip upside while we all know he's lying to our faces. That just further erodes whatever trust people have left in him.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Concerned

When it comes to Presidential sex scandals, I guess today's "political hoax" is yesterday's "right (or left) wing conspiracy".
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Applewood

This all can't be easy for Mrs. Trump.  She should have womped him with the nearest cast iron skillet. 

But the First Lady is in a difficult position -- always having to smile for the cameras, be  brave and keep her feelings inside.  I like the lady and feel sad that she has to endure this. 

Offline edpc

This all can't be easy for Mrs. Trump.  She should have womped him with the nearest cast iron skillet. 

But the First Lady is in a difficult position -- always having to smile for the cameras, be  brave and keep her feelings inside.  I like the lady and feel sad that she has to endure this.

She's no wide-eyed babe in the woods.  If you think guys like Weinstein are bad, imagine having a modeling career with the managers and photographers in communist Yugoslavia.  She'd dealt with people just as bad, if not worse, before they met.  Besides, she met Trump and he asked for her number while he was with a date.  At that time, he wasn't officially divorced from Marla yet, with whom he'd famously seen on the side, while married to Ivana.  She'd known who and what he is for quite some time before they were married and made the Faustian bargain.

Offline corbe

I briefly interrupt your scheduled broadcast for some 'shameless promotion' (wish I would have read this Thread, first).

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,309470.0.html

I now return you to @edpc's excellent Thread and the Briefer's thoughts.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure this is very difficult for Melania, too. 

But, luckily she won't have to smile for the cameras soon.  St. Andrews is on Spring break so she and Barron will be at Mar-a-Lago next week.

Offline libertybele

She's no wide-eyed babe in the woods.  If you think guys like Weinstein are bad, imagine having a modeling career with the managers and photographers in communist Yugoslavia.  She'd dealt with people just as bad, if not worse, before they met.  Besides, she met Trump and he asked for her number while he was with a date.  At that time, he wasn't officially divorced from Marla yet, with whom he'd famously seen on the side, while married to Ivana.  She'd known who and what he is for quite some time before they were married and made the Faustian bargain.

Until this story hit and Stormy was going to give an interview you never saw much warmth or signs of affection between the two.  I've always wondered why she married him as she definitely had enough money to live comfortably from her modeling career.  I'm sure she got caught up in the very lavish lifestyle he had to offer her and she wanted a child.  Obviously she's a very devoted mother and she simply glows when she's around children.

I felt sorry for her at first, but she knew what he was like before they married, she lives a life of extreme luxury and she has the child she's always wanted.  Right now she has to deal with a little humiliation. The one I feel sorry for is Barron.  He's caught up in all of this.

So far she has played an excellent first lady with her poise, sophistication, grace and beauty. I'm wondering how she's going to reconcile with all of this. I don't know whether she will opt to speak out on this or remain silent. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Until this story hit and Stormy was going to give an interview you never saw much warmth or signs of affection between the two. ....

This is because the Trumps have been private citizens all their lives. 

Political couples learn through the years how to look devoted to each other for the cameras.  They learn to walk holding hands, at events, walking up and down airline steps, marching in parades.  It's just another political tool.  The wife, in particular, knows how to look adoringly at her husband.  By the time these couples reach the national stage, they're ready for their close ups.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:17:44 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

This is because the Trumps have been private citizens all their lives. 

Political couples learn through the years how to look devoted to each other for the cameras.  They learn to walk holding hands, at events, walking up and down airline steps, marching in parades.  It's just another political tool.  The wife, in particular, knows how to look adoringly at her husband.  By the time these couples reach the national stage, they're ready for their close ups.

As 'private citizens' my husband and I hold hands and hug/kiss in public.  I don't see that with the Trumps, not at all.  Quite the opposite.  There has been very little warmth between the two; they keep their distance and she is either walking behind or left behind.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

To this day, I truly believe the person that gets the biggest laugh out of her 2016 defeat is Bill.

Offline libertybele

To this day, I truly believe the person that gets the biggest laugh out of her 2016 defeat is Bill.

Probably.  She hung onto his coat tails hoping that she would someday be president.  Standing by her man eventually got her the door to nowhere and we got 4 dead Americans and a Russian/uranium deal.