Author Topic: Stormy Daniels passed a lie detector test about her affair with Trump: Report  (Read 7908 times)

Offline DB

You are probably in line with me in this... but I really can't see the sense in defending one liar from another. I just don't have time to make sense of all that. So for me, it's all a big fat can of meh, all predicted long ago, and now just playing itself out.  *****rollingeyes*****

That sums it up for me. Not my clown, not my circus...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:shrug: Liars tellin lies about liars, blaming other liars. Sorry Joe, I just ain't got a dog in this hunt any which way around.

A pox on all of em, including Tump.
I am relegated to spectator status, too. The problem as I see it is not so much that they  lie about what they talk about (as a practical matter, not a moral one--I'm not defending lying) it is that they don't even lie about the things that hide behind the lies. The non-stories which really might open the eyes of the American people to the corruption there will not be reported in the mass media. But, as I recall, a house divided against itself cannot stand, either. They are all working for the same folks, in the end.

Why should I be surprised by marital perfidy any more than any other kind? People didn't need to read the ingredients to see what was in the package, and they didn't care. I didn't vote for any of it. For me, the surprises are those things done which are actually beneficial, even though I suspect that they are of even more benefit to those who enact them.

I'm still waiting for Hillary to take the perp walk in an orange jumpsuit....As if that will happen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

Probably no more than it would be if she died.   No more First Lady.   That's all.

As for whether or not one would stay with him.......... no one who had problems with serial philanderers would marry him in the first place.   If she thought he'd be faithful to her, she's dumber than a box of rocks.

My guess is, since she's an intelligent woman, she knew he'd cheat on her, and just didn't care.

But the unprotected stuff makes it a different story, doesn't it?

@Victoria33

@musiclady

It does.  I wonder if that would have any bearing or effect on her prenuptial agreement with Trump.

Bottom line, Stormy Daniels is a whore, but a married family man who won’t stay away from whores is even worse. 

Silver Pines

Only two woman while he's married to Melania, Trumps a Piker, wake me up when he gets to Five at one time.

Could've Had Cruz!!!!

@corbe

Cruz is the man.... slaying women by day, and literally slaying people at night on the streets of San Francisco.

Silver Pines

@musiclady

People of Strong Christian Faith are catching it from a whole different angle today, even some Trumpers. On the opposite side of the same question, I mocked my religious Trump Family Sunday for giving him mulligans on his transgressions and the first thing they do is bring up my less than stellar past,  whataboutism, I pointed out to them I didn't run for President and accuse my opponent, without any evidence, of doing exactly what I was doing.   
   I certainly empathize with your strong Principles. 

(unfortunately, people like Frank prove we are indeed a dying breed)

@corbe

I love my in-laws to death, but they’re the same when it comes to Trump...intelligent, successful people who were bitten by the Trump bug, and who believe everything on Fox is gospel.

We found out about their Trump love at a family get-together.  He was all they could talk about.  I remember my FIL calling my MIL “hurry up, Melania’s on TV!”...she got up and RAN to see.

When we left, my husband sat behind the wheel for a minute and then said, “What the hell has happened to my parents?”

Not long after, my FIL went to NYC on business.  MIL went along so they could make a pilgrimage to Trump Tower. 

Silver Pines

It does mean one thing. The Republican party is no longer the party of family values...

@DB

This.  No going back now.

Offline corbe

@CatherineofAragon  The fact that they are not demonrats brings very small consolation to me.
   At least now I can start seeing my crazy 'X' again totally disregarding their flawed judgment about anyone.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@corbe

I love my in-laws to death, but they’re the same when it comes to Trump...intelligent, successful people who were bitten by the Trump bug, and who believe everything on Fox is gospel.

We found out about their Trump love at a family get-together.  He was all they could talk about.  I remember my FIL calling my MIL “hurry up, Melania’s on TV!”...she got up and RAN to see.

When we left, my husband sat behind the wheel for a minute and then said, “What the hell has happened to my parents?”

Not long after, my FIL went to NYC on business.  MIL went along so they could make a pilgrimage to Trump Tower.

That's funny...my brother is just like that....and he was never a political person until Trump came along..in fact he used to make fun of me because I followed politics so closely..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon  The fact that they are not demonrats brings very small consolation to me.
   At least now I can start seeing my crazy 'X' again totally disregarding their flawed judgment about anyone.

@corbe

Lol, go for it.   :laugh:

Online roamer_1

That sums it up for me. Not my clown, not my circus...

That's it exactly. And the thing about circuses:  Nobody walks away from a circus with more money than they came with, except the pick-pockets, and the guys with clubs, standing in the dark, out in the parking lot. All while the rubes laugh and clap, and have a great time.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I have friends that are Trump crazy. They were appalled (insulted) that I didn't vote for him. Both are very vocal morality Christians. They have to swallow a lot of pride trying to justify their Trump worship. Whenever these "nuts and sluts" appear, they have to go quiet on social media.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@corbe

It reminds me of the way some people acted about JFK (and a few still do),  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis