Author Topic: The Last Male Northern White Rhino Has Died  (Read 554 times)

rangerrebew

The Last Male Northern White Rhino Has Died
« on: March 20, 2018, 03:12:52 pm »
The Last Male Northern White Rhino Has Died

By Josh Davis
20 Mar 2018, 12:26

This means that only two female northern white rhino are now known to exist and as the current situation stands, the subspecies is set to go extinct. All hopes will now be pinned on using IVF to bring the rhino back from extinction, although the technology is yet to prove its worth.

The last male, named Sudan, was living out his years at the Ol Pajeta Conservancy, Kenya, after having moved there from a Czech zoo in 2009. At 45 years old, he was considered an old man, but after contracting an infection in his back right leg the odds really were stacked against him. In the end, it was decided that the best option for the welfare of Sudan was to euthanize him. 

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/the-last-male-northern-white-rhino-has-died/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:13:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

Re: The Last Male Northern White Rhino Has Died
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:24:48 pm »
So?

90% of all species that ever inhabited this planet are extinct.     Move on.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:27:01 pm »
Why did I instantly think about John McCain?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 03:38:06 pm »
Why did I instantly think about John McCain?

Well except for the herd of that bread seems to be thriving and in no need of protective status.....  I could see it!   :beer:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »
And how much genetic difference is there between them and the Southern White Rhino? Enviros like to play that game. 'Oh no, this is the Eastern Bank Mississippi River flying striped spotted frilled riparian mud skipper, not the Western Bank Mississippi River flying striped spotted frilled riparian mud skipper,' even though there's almost no genetic difference.

Not that I celebrate the extinction of species, but enviros pull that cheesy scam alot.
The Republic is lost.