Author Topic: David Hogg: We Need To Use Our "White Privilege" To Make Sure Black Gun Victims Are Heard  (Read 708 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

David Hogg: We Need To Use Our "White Privilege" To Make Sure Black Gun Victims Are Heard
Real Clear Politics, Mar 19, 2018, Ian Schwartz

At a Twitter live stream event held Monday, Parkland High School shooting survivor David Hogg said he will use his "white privilege" to make sure that other non-white victims of gun violence can be heard.

Hogg lamented that if a similar event happened in a "lower socio-economic" place "like a black community" that the media would not give it the coverage like he and his fellow students have received "no matter how well those people spoke."

"I think one of the greatest obstacles that we've faced though with this movement is the fact that there is a lot of racial disparity in the way that this is covered," Hogg said. "If this happened in a place of a lower socio-economic status or a place where like a black community, no matter how well those people spoke, I don't think the media would cover it the same and I think it is important that we point that out as Americans we realize that."

"Because we have to use our white privilege now to make sure that all of the voices that -- all of the people that have died as the result of this and haven't been covered the same can now be heard. It's sad, but it's true," Hogg said.

More w/video:  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/03/19/david_hogg_we_need_to_use_our_white_privilege_to_make_sure_black_gun_victims_are_heard.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

Generation "Tide Pod" speaks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm rather looking forward to Davy attending his first BLM protest.   :smokin:

Offline mountaineer

Hogg lamented that if a similar event happened in a "lower socio-economic" place "like a black community" that the media would not give it the coverage like he and his fellow students have received "no matter how well those people spoke."
So go lecture your mommy and your other enablers at CNN, Hogg. White privilege notwithstanding, I have absolutely no authority nor power to make the news media pay attention to the black-on-black slaughter in America's inner cities.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

"I think one of the greatest obstacles that we've faced though with this movement is the fact that there is a lot of racial disparity in the way that this is covered," Hogg said. "If this happened in a place of a lower socio-economic status or a place where like a black community, no matter how well those people spoke, I don't think the media would cover it the same and I think it is important that we point that out as Americans we realize that."

Micah Xavier Johnson did just that, during a BLM rally in Dallas, not that long ago.  It was all over the news.  I guess it’s OK, since he used an Izmash Saiga 5.45 and not the evil AR-15.  Idiot kid.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:43:33 pm by edpc »

Offline dfwgator

I'm rather looking forward to Davy attending his first BLM protest.   :smokin:

"Wait 'til Otis sees us....He Loves Us!"

Offline edpc

He should take a trip back to the early 90s and listen to the glorification of drugs and violence coming from the music of the time in that segment of society.  Listening to Cypress Hill’s Black Sunday might put this snowflake in a coma.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
My, this little leftist is well trained.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He needs to check his privilege and quit whitesplaining for others. African Americans overwhelmingly support 2nd Amendment rights.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-ed-blacks-embrace-second-amendment-20180228-story.html

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. From the Sunday morning shows to some irrelevant Twit feed nonsense. Looks like Hoggs 15 minutes are up. Sucks to be him.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So go lecture your mommy and your other enablers at CNN, Hogg. White privilege notwithstanding, I have absolutely no authority nor power to make the news media pay attention to the black-on-black slaughter in America's inner cities.

Brilliant response!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline endicom

Yup. From school shootings to the full repertoire in one easy leap.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"Wait 'til Otis sees us....He Loves Us!"

Davy, You mind if we dance with your dates....

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Interesting isn't it? So much for spontaneous grassroots, more like manufactured astroturf that magically gets propped up as spokesman and leader.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Polly Ticks

David Hogg: We Need To Use Our "White Privilege" To Make Sure Black Gun Victims Are Heard
Real Clear Politics, Mar 19, 2018, Ian Schwartz

At a Twitter live stream event held Monday, Parkland High School shooting survivor David Hogg said he will use his "white privilege" to make sure that other non-white victims of gun violence can be heard.

"Because we have to use our white privilege now to make sure that all of the voices that -- all of the people that have died as the result of this and haven't been covered the same can now be heard. It's sad, but it's true," Hogg said.

It's like a "Leftist Talking Points" version of the old "Corporate Bingo" game.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra