Author Topic: Parkland students: NRA has been 'basically threatening us' [guess who]  (Read 922 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parkland students: NRA has been 'basically threatening us'
By Brett Samuels - 03/19/18 01:05 PM EDT

Two students who survived last month’s high school shooting in Parkland, Fla., said Monday that the leadership of the National Rifle Association (NRA) has “basically threatened” them since they started speaking out about gun violence.

“I think it just goes to prove exactly what they are. I don’t think NRA members are bad people at all. I think they’re responsible gun owners that want to become politically active and make their voices heard in this democracy,” David Hogg told CBS News.

“I think the problem comes in when it’s people at the top of this organization that don’t listen to their constituents, and continue to scare people into buying more guns, creating more violence so they can scare more people and sell more guns,” he added.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/379118-parkland-students-nra-has-been-basically-threatening-us
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'Basically threatened' means not really threatened, probably some old guy in a NRA cap gave them a side glance, which in snowflake drama world is the equivalent to mass genocide.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"The NRA is threatening us by not threatening us."

These little pawns cannot go away fast enough for me.
Countdown to Resignation

Online LMAO

I watched the video and read the article and they give no examples nor provide evidence
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Silver Pines

Initially I thought, well, these kids went through a lot, so I'll give them a break.  It didn't take me long to dump that idea.

I'm sick of the yapping that proves their brains aren't fully developed.  And if one more person bleats about their "bravery..."

On the local news, a mother said just that about her kid.  He was so brave to walk out.  How do you figure, lady?  Why do you need courage when the school administration and the teachers sanction and encourage you?  Even you, as the mother, make it clear you won't take away his chicken nuggets. 

Offline mountaineer

WATCH: Anti-Gun Parkland Students Give Most Insane, Embarrassing Interview Ever
Ryan Saavedra
March 19, 2018

On Monday, Twitter hosted left-wing activists from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School for a talk about their "Never Again" movement where they answered questions that were submitted to them using the hashtag #AskMSDStudents.

During the embarrassing interview, some of the students made wildly inaccurate statements that the moderator did not stop to challenge in what amounted to a circus show.

Here are some of the highlights:

David Hogg says white privilege is one of the biggest obstacles he's faced in his anti-gun agenda, also says media wouldn't cover the incident the same way in a black community "no matter how well those people spoke."  ... More

This kid reminds me of Marshall Applewhite.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:50:19 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SkyKing

WATCH: Anti-Gun Parkland Students Give Most Insane, Embarrassing Interview Ever
Ryan Saavedra
March 19, 2018

David Hogg says white privilege is one of the biggest obstacles he's faced in his anti-gun agenda, also says media wouldn't cover the incident the same way in a black community "no matter how well those people spoke."  ... More

This kid reminds me of Marshall Applewhite.

This kid is just chock full of leftist talking points, he needs to get back to class and STFU.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This kid is just chock full of leftist talking points, he needs to get back to class and STFU.

He is our very own "Clockboy"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Polly Ticks

I sincerely hope that one day that kid grows up and looks back on these interviews/statements and just cringes.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DB

So they were "triggered" by the NRA???

Offline Applewood

Re: Parkland students: NRA has been 'basically threatening us' [guess who]
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 02:07:39 am »

Unfortunately, class is probably where he's learning this nonsense.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 11:39:01 am »
I sincerely hope that one day that kid grows up and looks back on these interviews/statements and just cringes.
He has to realize that all of this is going to come into account when he wants to break into journalism a few years down the road. He thinks all of this is helping his cause.  Yet even the mainstream media isn't going to hire shameless radicals. When Bernie Sanders is too mainstream for you, you're a radical.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 01:37:25 pm »
This kid is just chock full of sh.....er.....what you said.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 01:42:38 pm »
He'll probably get a scholarship to go to school and study journalism. He already knows how to parrot back talking points.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 01:44:55 pm »
He'll probably get a scholarship to go to school and study journalism. He already knows how to parrot back talking points.
I think he is skipping college and going right to work at the FBI in the department of misinformation.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »
I think he is skipping college and going right to work at the FBI in the department of misinformation.
Mom and Dad will get him a paid internship at CNN.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »
Mom and Dad will get him a paid internship at CNN.

I forgot his Mommy dearest is a muckety muck at the king of all network misinformation centers!