Author Topic: Putin Wins In Landslide That OSCE Says Lacked 'Genuine Competition'  (Read 405 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Putin Wins In Landslide That OSCE Says Lacked 'Genuine Competition'
RFE/RL

MOSCOW -- Vladimir Putin has coasted to a fourth term as Russia's president, scoring a landslide victory in an election Kremlin opponents said was marred by fraud and international observers said gave voters no "real choice."

A nearly complete ballot count showed Putin winning 76.7 percent of the vote, Central Election Commission chief Ella Pamfilova said on March 19 -- more than he received in any of his three previous elections and the highest percentage handed to any post-Soviet Russian leader. The other seven candidates were far behind.

While tainted by allegations of fraud -- in some cases backed by webcam footage appearing to show blatant ballot-box stuffing -- the resounding win sets Moscow's longest-ruling leader since Soviet dictator Josef Stalin up for six more years in office amid severely strained ties with the West.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-putin-landslide-victory-violations-vote-pressure/29108915.html

Offline dfwgator

Re: Putin Wins In Landslide That OSCE Says Lacked 'Genuine Competition'
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:48:18 pm »
Are they blaming it on collusion with the Americans?

Offline Suppressed

Re: Putin Wins In Landslide That OSCE Says Lacked 'Genuine Competition'
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:59:39 pm »
If there are no balloons available, just vote multiple times:

https://i.imgur.com/NyBivBT.gifv
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn