Author Topic: A frustrated Trump lashes out at special counsel Mueller  (Read 3602 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: A frustrated Trump lashes out at special counsel Mueller
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2018, 03:31:53 pm »
I'm speaking for the group that doesn't toe the Trump line, and you're conflating them with Never Trumps.

That's just your guilty conscience talking, @Cyber Liberty

I distinctly said "...NTs in the house", and you felt it necessary to defend them.....like you always do sitting on the GD fence. ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2018, 03:37:40 pm »
That's just your guilty conscience talking, @Cyber Liberty

I distinctly said "...NTs in the house", and you felt it necessary to defend them.....like you always do sitting on the GD fence. ^-^

I see your point.  Can't help it about the fence.  It's not much but I call it home....

Added:  I can't tell the Always Trump, Never Trump and fellow fence sitters without a scorecard anyway. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:40:40 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2018, 03:38:11 pm »
Exactly!  I think there are plenty of people who support the President when he does or says things they agree with and criticize him when he does or says things they disagree with.  I think many would like for the President to be successful particularly on bi-partisan things such as ISIS, North Korea, and the economy, but his rhetoric (e.g., childishness) and some of his policy (e.g., tariffs, adding to the debt) make it difficult for some of us to “toe the Trump line” ALL of the time.

But what does “tow the trump line“ mean?  How does it help the “good Trump” to advance his agenda, that you support, for you here to criticize the “bad Trump,” except to make you feel good about your moral superiority? I don’t see that as helpful at all.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2018, 03:41:04 pm »
I see your point.  Can't hep it about the fence.  It's not much but I call it home....

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »
:patriot:

I added something.  Still saluting?  'Cause if you are, then I are too... :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
But what does “tow the trump line“ mean?  How does it help the “good Trump” to advance his agenda, that you support, for you here to criticize the “bad Trump,” except to make you feel good about your moral superiority? I don’t see that as helpful at all.

@aligncare

I was simply quoting Cyber Liberty with "toe the Trump line", but to me, that means supporting the President no matter what.  It seems as though many (certainly not all, but many) Trump supporters get defensive, frustrated, and feel personally attacked if anyone disagrees with Trump about just about anything.  JMO.   That's "toeing the Trump line" to me. 

I criticized Obama when he did or said things I disagreed with.  Same with Bush.   I'll do the same with Trump as well.  It has nothing to do with feeling morally superior, but rather, for me, it's about invoking my First Amendment rights to express my support and my criticism of the President of the United States.  I couldn't imagine staying silent about things I disagree with just because some of his supporters don't see my little criticism as being helpful.  Similarly, it would never occur to me to try and silence Trump supporters who want to express their support about policy even policy I personally disagree with (now THAT might be me feeling good about my moral superiority   :laugh:  J/K). 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.