Author Topic: Southern California town wants to exempt itself from sanctuary city law  (Read 389 times)

rangerrebew

Southern California town wants to exempt itself from sanctuary city law

7 hrs ago
    By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

One Southern California town is taking a stand against a state law that limits the cooperation between local police and federal immigration agents and encourages sanctuary cities to exist.

The City of Los Alamitos will vote on an ordinance that would exempt it from the sanctuary city law that council members say conflicts with federal law.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/17...-city-law.html

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:08:39 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cool. Los Al is a tiny Orange County town in a prime location. High property values.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Watch the state government come down HARD on the officials in this little town...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Cool. Los Al is a tiny Orange County town in a prime location. High property values.

Guess they don't have the money to pee in the soup like SF and Sacramento do.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Aha, I wondered if this was a symbolic measure -- in what way would Los Alamitos actually cooperate with ICE to begin with?  It turns out they do have a police department that can call ICE.  So the state law does directly affect them.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.