Author Topic: Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty  (Read 4117 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Perhaps is has something to do with "patients" doctor shopping for what they want. There also appears to be a correlation between this and Obamacare. Obamacare may well have made those drugs more affordable to those who otherwise couldn't have got them.

Obamacare's accounting tricks shoved part of its cost off onto State Medicaid pgms. And those pgms made 'Doctor Shopping' easier.

Older Americans Experience The Largest Spike In Opioid Overdose Deaths.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/08/older-americans-opioids-death/

Americans between the ages of 55 and 64 are experiencing the largest spike in opioid overdose deaths, according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Coverage of the opioid crisis largely focuses on the toll addiction is having on Americans between the ages of 25 and 44, however, overdose deaths of older Americans are accelerating faster than any other age group. Emergency workers in Michigan are urging the public to focus their attention on this segment of the population, which is particularly at risk, reports FOX 2 Detroit.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obamacare's accounting tricks shoved part of its cost off onto State Medicaid pgms. And those pgms made 'Doctor Shopping' easier.

Older Americans Experience The Largest Spike In Opioid Overdose Deaths.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/08/older-americans-opioids-death/

Americans between the ages of 55 and 64 are experiencing the largest spike in opioid overdose deaths, according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Coverage of the opioid crisis largely focuses on the toll addiction is having on Americans between the ages of 25 and 44, however, overdose deaths of older Americans are accelerating faster than any other age group. Emergency workers in Michigan are urging the public to focus their attention on this segment of the population, which is particularly at risk, reports FOX 2 Detroit.

I saw where you wrote about that upthread, so I wanted to make sure and I Googled it.  It's more true in some states than others, but what you say is undeniable, the biggest spike is in the older age groups, which is very odd for drug abuse problems.  I'm just uncomfortable about the government's intentions in this matter, because they can hurt a lot of innocent people by being draconian about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Retarded. How about executing rapists and child molestors?

Calling this retarded is an insult to retarded people ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I saw where you wrote about that upthread, so I wanted to make sure and I Googled it.  It's more true in some states than others, but what you say is undeniable, the biggest spike is in the older age groups, which is very odd for drug abuse problems.  I'm just uncomfortable about the government's intentions in this matter, because they can hurt a lot of innocent people by being draconian about it.

I can imagine that as people age and take more types of medicine, it's easier to overdose with drug interactions and declining health? 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I can imagine that as people age and take more types of medicine, it's easier to overdose with drug interactions and declining health?

Yeah.  In the case of painkillers, there can be a lot of pain to kill because of Arthritis and such, too.  Then there is the problem they are more likely to have compromised livers and kidneys, so they have to be more careful about toxins building up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yeah.  In the case of painkillers, there can be a lot of pain to kill because of Arthritis and such, too.  Then there is the problem they are more likely to have compromised livers and kidneys, so they have to be more careful about toxins building up.

That's where the doctors prescribing opioids and other drugs should be monitoring what their patient is taking for interactions.   They should also monitoring their patients for regular blood tests to indicate if there is a problem with the liver or kidneys for toxicity.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's where the doctors prescribing opioids and other drugs should be monitoring what their patient is taking for interactions.   They should also monitoring their patients for regular blood tests to indicate if there is a problem with the liver or kidneys for toxicity.

You betcha.  The Dr. of the friend I mention frequently on this story (who was taking Hydrocodone until the State forced her Dr. to cut her off cold turkey) does blood draws often to watch for exactly that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You betcha.  The Dr. of the friend I mention frequently on this story (who was taking Hydrocodone until the State forced her Dr. to cut her off cold turkey) does blood draws often to watch for exactly that.

I would highly recommend anyone who is taking a prescription drug (long term) to also take milk thistle. Milk thistle is a natural detoxifier for the liver.  It also has restorative and protective benefits for the kidneys.  Further, milk thistle has antioxidant, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.  One other benefit; it helps with memory.  Great stuff!!

https://draxe.com/milk-thistle-benefits/

https://www.livestrong.com/article/336832-does-milk-thistle-help-the-kidneys/

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/milk-thistle/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:00:22 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
...and on the flip side:

Opioid shortages leave US hospitals scrambling

..............Even as opioids flood American communities and fuel widespread addiction, hospitals are facing a dangerous shortage of the powerful painkillers for patients in acute pain, according to doctors, pharmacists and a coalition of health groups.
The shortage, though more significant in some places than others, has left many hospitals and surgical centers scrambling to find enough injectable morphine, Dilaudid and fentanyl -- drugs needed for patients undergoing surgery, fighting cancer or suffering traumatic injuries. The shortfall, which has intensified since last summer, was triggered by manufacturing setbacks and a government effort to reduce addiction by restricting drug production.
As a result, hospital pharmacists are working long hours to find alternatives, forcing nurses to administer second-choice drugs or deliver standard drugs differently. That raises the risk of mistakes -- and already has led to at least a few instances in which patients received potentially harmful doses, according to the nonprofit Institute for Safe Medication Practices, which works with health care providers to promote patient safety.............

......Some patients are receiving less potent medications like acetaminophen or muscle relaxants as hospitals direct their scant supplies to higher-priority cases. Others patients are languishing in pain because preferred, more powerful medications aren't available, or because they have to wait for substitute oral drugs to kick in. .........

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/19/health/hospital-opioid-shortage-partner/index.html

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The shortfall, which has intensified since last summer, was triggered by manufacturing setbacks and a government effort to reduce addiction by restricting drug production.

Idiots. This country is run by idiots. The party/ideology doesn't seem to matter.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How did we get from "build a wall" and "lock her up"  to an elaborate plan to end a hyped up epidemic, a fauxpidemic if you will?
It is a common tactic. You make great claims, then point the customer to something else and sell them that. Bait and switch has been around forever.

Politically speaking, it is a common tactic to claim to be going to solve the big problems, and divert attention to serious, but lesser ones, which cannot be solved by simple political action, and to go through grandiose motions which commonly create more problems in a grandstand attempt to solve that problem while the other situation(s) languish. In the event the grandiose motions fail to actually accomplish anything, the politician can always fall back on the canard of "Just imagine how much worse it would have been if we hadn't taken these measures...", something which often involves a great deal of imagining.

Besides, if all those old folks eliminate themselves by shooting up a dab of carfentanyl, just imagine how much social security and medicare will save.... (/sarc?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"Just imagine how much worse it would have been if we hadn't taken these measures...", something which often involves a great deal of imagining.

We saw this just last week when he said the Saccone loss would have been by a greater margin without his campaign stop.  Congrats.  It's still a loss.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It is a common tactic. You make great claims, then point the customer to something else and sell them that. Bait and switch has been around forever.

Politically speaking, it is a common tactic to claim to be going to solve the big problems, and divert attention to serious, but lesser ones, which cannot be solved by simple political action, and to go through grandiose motions which commonly create more problems in a grandstand attempt to solve that problem while the other situation(s) languish. In the event the grandiose motions fail to actually accomplish anything, the politician can always fall back on the canard of "Just imagine how much worse it would have been if we hadn't taken these measures...", something which often involves a great deal of imagining.

Besides, if all those old folks eliminate themselves by shooting up a dab of carfentanyl, just imagine how much social security and medicare will save.... (/sarc?)

Where would we be without the concerted efforts of only the Best team players our tax dollars can buy?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com