Author Topic: Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty  (Read 4115 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
It ain't 50 and 60 year olds wandering around an assisted living facility.

No, it isn't.

Still a non seq.

MDs get them started. Then MDs get cold feet and quit being so accommodating with prescriptions.

Patient's got a monkey, an itch but no script. That's when they switch to heroin.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No, it isn't.

Still a non seq.

MDs get them started. Then MDs get cold feet and quit being so accommodating with prescriptions.

Patient's got a monkey, an itch but no script. That's when they switch to heroin.

Yep it is the Doctors Fault.  They are evil. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline DB

No, it isn't.

Still a non seq.

Perhaps is has something to do with "patients" doctor shopping for what they want. There also appears to be a correlation between this and Obamacare. Obamacare may well have made those drugs more affordable to those who otherwise couldn't have got them.

Offline WingNot

Perhaps is has something to do with "patients" doctor shopping for what they want. There also appears to be a correlation between this and Obamacare. Obamacare may well have made those drugs more affordable to those who otherwise couldn't have got them.

Obama care had nothing to do with it. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Perhaps is has something to do with "patients" doctor shopping for what they want.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DB

Offline WingNot

Smack!

And that proves your Obama Care postulate?   Please try again for the poor people.

Offline DB

And that proves your Obama Care postulate?   Please try again for the poor people.

That was the doctor shopping part...

Here's the other part: https://fee.org/articles/did-obamacare-make-the-opioid-crisis-worse/

Though it says only to a degree...

Offline WingNot

That was the doctor shopping part...

Here's the other part: https://fee.org/articles/did-obamacare-make-the-opioid-crisis-worse/

Though it says only to a degree...

I'll look at that link later..actually..I probably wont.
In the absence of reading that I will say it comes down to Personal accountability.

Offline DB

I'll look at that link later..actually..I probably wont.
In the absence of reading that I will say it comes down to Personal accountability.

Yes, but what happens when you give most hobos money? What do they buy with it?

Offline WingNot

A baloney samitch and a hooker?

Offline DB

A baloney samitch and a hooker?

Do hookers do hobos?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Hotdogs. I’ve seen Conjunction Junction.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

Do hookers do hobos?

Like anything in a capitalistic society...it Depends on if they can agree on a price.

Offline goodwithagun

Yep it is the Doctors Fault.  They are evil.

Wait, I thought @RoosGirl was evil. I’m so confused!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is a manufactured issue that most people don't care about. So some junkie OD's and dies? Who gives a shit. Self correcting problem.

Gee Frank, you're all heart.  Those 'junkies' are someone's mother, father, brother, sister, husband, wife, etc.  Addiction affects families and is a disease.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WingNot

Wait, I thought @RoosGirl was evil.

She is just drawn that way.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

There are unscrupulous doctors who run 'pill mills'.  They basically see patients for a set amount of money on a regular basis, charge them for an appointment and write them a scrip for some type of opioid.  Once that stops or the doctor gets caught, they turn to street drugs.  Aren't these doctors drug dealers also?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RoosGirl

She is just drawn that way.

That was funny.

Offline WingNot

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Dear friends who must have pain med to function, we are easy targets and here it is to stop our prescriptions:

"The plan includes three main elements: reducing the demand and overprescription of opioids...
The administration aims to cut opioid prescriptions by one-third within three years by implementing a “Safer Prescribing Plan.” This includes incentivizing states to move to a national database monitoring opioid prescriptions to help flag people requesting numerous prescriptions.

I get numerous prescriptions - do you?

Offline Victoria33

Those of you who think docs can write as many prescriptions as they want for opioids don't know the process for getting these pills.  I have written about the process before.  The doc has to use a prescription pad given to him/her by the federal government.  Doc can't give a prescription unless the patient is sitting there with him/her - no call to a pharmacy for the pills is permitted.  I have to sign a federal paper in the doctor's office there before I can get the prescription from the doctor.  I have to hand carry the script to the pharmacy.  Pharmacy has to see me in person before I can get the script and they ask if I know how to take them.  Bob cannot pick them up for me.  It is only for a thirty day supply - cannot get one for more than a month.  Trump is going to see I get a prescription every month.  That is a continuous supply so I expect he will see I don't get the pills.  I'm sure that will solve the whole opioid problem. /sarcastic

I said to my doc one time that the check on these pills is ridiculous - I could take the whole bottle at one time.  He said that is not the problem - the problem is people getting the pills for a good reason but then selling them on the street.  I am not selling my pills but evidently the feds think I might so maybe I won't be able to get them.  9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:32:41 am by Victoria33 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Retarded. How about executing rapists and child molestors?
The prison population takes care of some of that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:39:12 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

How did we get from "build a wall" and "lock her up"  to an elaborate plan to end a hyped up epidemic, a fauxpidemic if you will?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The point is now moot. The media was lying. Fake news.