Author Topic: Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty  (Read 4116 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to release opioid epidemic plan on Monday that includes death penalty
By Rachel Roubein - 03/18/18 06:39 PM EDT

President Trump on Monday will release a plan to combat the opioid epidemic that includes the controversial move to use the death penalty for some drug dealers.

Trump will announce the Initiative to Stop Opioid Abuse during his first visit as president to New Hampshire, a state the opioid epidemic has hit hard and where 2016 presidential candidates, including Trump, discussed the issue of addiction at length.

The plan includes a mix of efforts that advocates have been supportive of in the past, such as expanding access to the gold standard of treatment for an opioid addiction and ensuring first responders are equipped with an opioid overdose reversal drug.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/379049-trump-to-release-plan-addressing-opioid-epidemic-on-monday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Retarded. How about executing rapists and child molestors?

Offline RoosGirl

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He is from the government and he is here to help.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm wondering how they are going to enforce the death penalty in states that don't have the death penalty?  I would assume those states would implement a mandatory life sentence without parole?

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Law enforcement measures include allowing the Department of Justice to seek the death penalty for some drug dealers “where appropriate under current law,” a move that faces high hurdles. A senior White House official declined to specify examples of those cases and referred reporters to the Department of Justice.

If I were thinking of driving through the border fence with a trunk full of opioids, facing the death penalty if caught might give me pause.   :pondering:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Retarded. How about executing rapists and child molestors?

All of them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This will be a fun mix when combined with the new expansion of Civil Asset Forfeiture in the right hands with the right ambition and vision.

Then, you can simply have the assets that were taken from you without anything more than an assertion from law enforcement that your property was obtained by illegal drug money - and WALA!  You can then get the death penalty applied too for being a dealer without a shred of evidence beyond what was taken from you and what you are accused of.

What a country!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Curious reactions here.

IF, and contingent upon, proving in a Court that the defendant's illegal drug dealing to the deceased was the direct cause of death, . . . .

Strictest level of Judicial Scrutiny of course.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

I suspect the President and DOJ will be targeting the drug cartels.   The President has said for more than two years he wants to stop the flow of drugs into this country.  It's always been one of the reasons for the wall.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:37:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I suspect the President and DOJ will be targeting the drug cartels. 

I am pretty sure the cartels and their enforcers like MS-13 are not too worried considering they get to hide behind the walls of sanctuary cities and have judges inform the cops that they are no longer allowed to target and arrest Mexican gang members.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

I am pretty sure the cartels and their enforcers like MS-13 are not too worried considering they get to hide behind the walls of sanctuary cities and have judges inform the cops that they are no longer allowed to target and arrest Mexican gang members.

Not always ..... MS13 is rampant in parts of Virginia, Long Island and Baltimore .... and there's not a sanctuary city in sight.

Anyway, the President and DOJ are already working separately on ending this fiasco.   

Offline Applewood

We have had a war on drugs for decades. Spent loads of money on it.  Didn't do a dang thing to stop the flow of drugs into this country. 

It's just another way for the government to spend money and saddle future generations with more debt.  The abusers will still find a way to get their fix, while those in excruciating, chronic pain will be unable to find relief. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Meanwhile, in the rising hysteria people who really need the Opioids are going to get their meds cut off, so they they get a death-penalty equivalence of a living hell.  Oh well, as they say, if you're going to make an omelette you're going to have to break some eggs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a manufactured issue that most people don't care about. So some junkie OD's and dies? Who gives a shit. Self correcting problem.

• Wulf Anson Author
This is a manufactured issue that most people don't care about. So some junkie OD's and dies? Who gives a shit. Self correcting problem.

It's not 'Some Junkie'.

The majority of people dying are not, and were not 'junkies' to begin with.

They're in their 50s and 60s.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If I were thinking of driving through the border fence with a trunk full of opioids, facing the death penalty if caught might give me pause.   :pondering:

That’s because you’re not from a third world nation where life sucks so bad, you no longer give a damn.  I’m guessing you don’t remember the Dadeland Mall shootout in 1979 that kicked off the Colombian drug wars in Miami and eventually led to the War On Drugs.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

• Wulf Anson Author
http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/01/west-virginia-drug-enforcement-lawsuit/

West Virginia is among the hardest hit in the opioid epidemic, with 52.5 deaths per 100,000 people – more than any other state, according to Morrisey.

Additionally, pharmaceutical distributors flooded one West Virginia town with a population of less than 3,000 with nearly 21 million opioid pills.

More than 200,000 Americans across the nation died from prescription opioid overdoses between 1999 and 2016, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Meanwhile, 80 percent of heroin users began their addiction with prescription opioids, a recent study shows.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

We do need to rid ourselves of the surplus population.  Those that can't be saved must die.  If it is at their own hands...all the better. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

It's not 'Some Junkie'.

The majority of people dying are not, and were not 'junkies' to begin with.

They're in their 50s and 60s.

50 and 60 year olds don't need a nanny to try to keep them safe.

• Wulf Anson Author
This will be a fun mix when combined with the new expansion of Civil Asset Forfeiture in the right hands with the right ambition and vision.

Then, you can simply have the assets that were taken from you without anything more than an assertion from law enforcement that your property was obtained by illegal drug money - and WALA!  You can then get the death penalty applied too for being a dealer without a shred of evidence beyond what was taken from you and what you are accused of.

What a country!

I gotta agree with you on Asset Forfeiture, and for that matter the potential for LEO abuse you lay out is truly staggering.

Give the 'System' Any excuse to steal and the 'System' makes it an 11th Commandment.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:07:54 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author
50 and 60 year olds don't need a nanny to try to keep them safe.

The door that opened on addiction for them wasn't a used Toyota at 2AM in a McDonald's parking lot.

It had a sign on it that said MD.

Seniors Found Wandering Around High On Heroin At Assisted Living Facility
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/22/seniors-heroin-wandering-high/

. . . . Officials say the epidemic is contributing to declining life expectancy in the U.S. Life expectancy dropped for the second consecutive year in 2016 for the first time since an outbreak of influenza in 1962 and 1963.

Data from the National Institute on Drug Abuse released Sept. 7 paints a grim outlook for the future of the drug crisis ravaging American communities.

The study predicts the addiction epidemic in America will continue to deteriorate, pushing drug deaths to an estimated 71,600 in 2017. If the estimates prove accurate, 2017 will be the second year in a row drug deaths surpass U.S. casualties from the Vietnam War.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

The study predicts the addiction epidemic in America will continue to deteriorate, pushing drug deaths to an estimated 71,600 in 2017. If the estimates prove accurate, 2017 will be the second year in a row drug deaths surpass U.S. casualties from the Vietnam War.

What a wonderful comparison.  Hop heads offing themselves vs War casualties.    You can't get better than that.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not always ..... MS13 is rampant in parts of Virginia, Long Island and Baltimore .... and there's not a sanctuary city in sight.

Anyway, the President and DOJ are already working separately on ending this fiasco.

I'll believe that when I see it in action and enforced, and not a moment beforehand.

Offline RoosGirl

The door that opened on addiction for them wasn't a used Toyota at 2AM in a McDonald's parking lot.

It had a sign on it that said MD.

Seniors Found Wandering Around High On Heroin At Assisted Living Facility
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/22/seniors-heroin-wandering-high/

. . . . Officials say the epidemic is contributing to declining life expectancy in the U.S. Life expectancy dropped for the second consecutive year in 2016 for the first time since an outbreak of influenza in 1962 and 1963.

Data from the National Institute on Drug Abuse released Sept. 7 paints a grim outlook for the future of the drug crisis ravaging American communities.

It ain't 50 and 60 year olds wandering around an assisted living facility.