Author Topic: More Dems offer to hire McCabe  (Read 436 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More Dems offer to hire McCabe
« on: March 18, 2018, 07:49:18 pm »
More Dems offer to hire McCabe
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 03/18/18 03:35 PM EDT

More Democratic lawmakers are coming forward with offers to hire former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe after he was fired Friday, just two days before he was eligible for his pension.

Democratic Reps. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.), Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) and Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) have all made job offers on Twitter. The lawmakers are extending the offers in an attempt to help McCabe to qualify for his benefits.

“Would be happy to consider this,” Moulton said of hiring McCabe. “The Sixth District of MA would benefit from the wisdom and talent of such an experienced public servant.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/379034-more-dems-offer-to-hire-mccabe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: More Dems offer to hire McCabe
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 11:05:54 am »
What a cheap and easy way to appear virtuous and make President Trump look childish and vindictive.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 04:55:06 pm »
No, Andrew McCabe Isn't 'Losing His Pension'
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/03/17/no-andrew-mccabe-isnt-losing-his-pension/#7dee9807236d

...Pensions -- public as well as private -- are required to meet certain vesting requirements, and, in fact, the FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) benefits vest at five years, meaning that benefit accruals cannot be taken away.

In fact, McCabe is all of 49 years old, likely 50 by the time readers see this, and what he lost out on was, as CNN much more calmly recounts, the ability to take his benefits at age 50, rather than somewhere between age 57 and age 62, and he lost his eligibility to a special top-up in benefit formula.  These are, admittedly, tangible financial losses, but it is grossly misleading that various news outlets are giving the general public the impression that he has lost his pension entirely....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 05:55:08 pm »
I would think that McCabe wouldn't want to continue to rock the boat; he's far from innocent.  I'm hoping jail time is in his future.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.