Author Topic: Nolte: Disgraced Media Already Hit with Massive Layoffs in 2018  (Read 265 times)

rangerrebew

Nolte: Disgraced Media Already Hit with Massive Layoffs in 2018

Justin Sullivan/Getty

by John Nolte16 Mar 

By the time President Trump’s presidency is over, one of the biggest pieces of fake news we will look back on is when we were told by the media that Trump was good for the media business. According to what is happening in a place called the real world, the truth is that business for the media is horrible.

We will start with the Denver Post, which announced Thursday that, between April 9 and July 1, 30 jobs will be cut from its newsroom. That is a massive 30 percent cut of its current staff of 100 journalists.  Just 10 years ago according to the far-left Washington Post, the Denver Post employed 600 journalists. That is close to a 90 percent reduction in only a decade.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/03/16/nolte-disgraced-mainstream-media-swamped-massive-layoffs/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Nolte: Disgraced Media Already Hit with Massive Layoffs in 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 01:22:45 pm »
A journalism degree equals that of a gender Studies BA in employability these days.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 01:53:13 pm »
A journalism degree equals that of a gender Studies BA in employability these days.

Journalism 101 50 years ago: You report the who, what, when, how, and where and let the reader decide what it means.

Journalism 101 today:  You decide what needs to be written to make the world a better place and then make the facts fit the story.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 01:58:04 pm »
Journalism 101 50 years ago: You report the who, what, when, how, and where and let the reader decide what it means.

Journalism 101 today:  You decide what needs to be written to make the world a better place and then make the facts fit the story.

And just to add the obvious to the spot on statement of fact above:
If there are no facts that fit the story: make them up to fit the narrative..
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."