Author Topic: Congressman suggests Second Amendment as means of opposing Trump  (Read 563 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Metro
Congressman suggests Second Amendment as means of opposing Trump

By Carl Campanile

March 19, 2018 | 2:59am

A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

A listener then blurts out, “What’s the Second Amendment?”

more
https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/congressman-suggests-second-amendment-as-means-of-opposing-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Congressman suggests Second Amendment as means of opposing Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:45:35 pm »
He was probably one of the people that had such a big problem with Trump’s  comments about Second Amendment people taking care of Clinton in 2016.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:02:38 pm »
It's always such good policy to encourage people to assassinate a sitting president.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:07:40 pm »
A listener then blurts out, “What’s the Second Amendment?”
   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:24:48 pm »
It's always such good policy to encourage people to assassinate a sitting president.  *****rollingeyes*****

The left usually doesn't like the fact that the point of the 2nd is as a guard against tyranny -- mostly a deterrent, but for a deterrent to work, there have to be circumstances in which it would be used, in the case of the 2nd Amendment meaning that the populace resorts to force of arms to remove a tyrannical government -- because they want to be the tyrants.

Look at this as a positive: some of them are under the delusion that Trump is a tyrant, which has woken them up to the point of the 2nd Amendment.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »
I love the Republican National Committee guy acting so outraged:

"'This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,' said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin."
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 05:24:03 pm »
I love the Republican National Committee guy acting so outraged:

"'This video is incredibly disturbing. It’s surreal to watch a sitting member of Congress suggest that his constituents should take up arms against the President of the United States,' said National Republican Campaign Committee spokesman Chris Martin."

Seems like a reasonable response?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 05:29:05 pm »

James Woods
‏Verified account @RealJamesWoods
2m2 minutes ago

Maybe #Democrats should hold off on armed insurrection until they decide which bathrooms to use. First things first.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 07:17:56 pm »
Seems like a reasonable response?

His statement was just a reminder, apparently necessary to some in his audience ;), of the purpose of the 2nd A.  I read people saying this all the time.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:06 pm »
Maybe they will make a movie about killing a sitting president.  Oh wait, they did that already when GW was a sitting pres.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »
Maybe they will make a movie about killing a sitting president.  Oh wait, they did that already when GW was a sitting pres.

Yeah, but the faux documentary illustrated -- that it's a TERRIBLE idea to assassinate the President.  The movie's point was, that if you don't like a president, killing him will only make things worse.  It's better to use legal and constitutional channels.  The movie was seriously anti-violence.

It actually might be interesting to watch it again now, because so much has changed since Bush.  If I recall correctly, they kind of predicted the rise of Antifa.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:38:48 pm by LauraTXNM »