Author Topic: Ted Cruz, Free Trade, and the Future GOP  (Read 418 times)

Offline endicom

Ted Cruz, Free Trade, and the Future GOP
« on: March 16, 2018, 07:57:36 pm »
American Greatness
Michael Noyes
Mar. 15, 2018

This is a very different Ted Cruz than I remember.”

That was correspondent Kasie Hunt’s assessment on “Morning Joe” as the Republican senator from Texas told the crew about his good relationship with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and newfound ideological crossover appeal.

“Right now in the Senate, I am in a fairly unusual position, because I’m able to speak with real credibility to conservatives, but also able to speak to moderates, to leadership, to the president, to the administration and to try to bring everyone together,” Cruz said.

It’s certainly early, but it all looks a little familiar.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/03/15/ted-cruz-free-trade-and-the-future-gop/

Offline Applewood

Re: Ted Cruz, Free Trade, and the Future GOP
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 12:55:53 am »
Cruz disappointed me when he groveled before Trump after all the mud Trump threw at him and his family during the primaries.  I understand why he did so, but it just showed he's like the rest of the DC dregs.  He may still do some good things for this country, but selling his soul to get re-elected knocked him down quite a few pegs in my estimation. 

His re-election campaign still sends me requests for dknations.  Sorry, Ted, let the stablishment you now embrace pay your way.