Author Topic: ProPublica Retracts Report that Trump’s CIA Pick Oversaw Waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah  (Read 613 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

ProPublica Retracts Report that Trump’s CIA Pick Oversaw Waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah

'This error was particularly unfortunate because it muddied an important national debate about Haspel and the CIA’s recent history'

BY: David Rutz   
March 15, 2018 8:35 pm

The nonprofit journalism site ProPublica posted a correction Thursday of a 2017 report that Gina Haspel oversaw the waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah.

Haspel has been nominated by President Donald Trump to take over the CIA in place of Mike Pompeo, who in turn has been nominated to be the next Secretary of State to replace Rex Tillerson.

ProPublica initially reported on Feb. 22, 2017—after Haspel was nominated to be CIA Deputy Director—that she oversaw the "black site" base in Thailand when Zubaydah, a suspected leader of the terror group al Qaeda, was waterboarded, and it also said she mocked his suffering.

more
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/propublica-retracts-report-that-trumps-cia-pick-oversaw-waterboarding-of-abu-zubaydah/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Now the real trick is to find out how many other media outlets, and assorted pundits, politicians, and tweeters who so gleefully trumpeted this when it was first reported will issue retractions themselves.....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Does this also mean that Sen. John McCain, R-AZ will retract his condemnation of her, too?

BTW waterboarding cause no serious physical harm. It is a technique to really, really scare a person into possibly revealing facts that could save many lives.

..."really, really scared" is a mental discomfort, only. If a person is upset over the use of such a mostly harmless method, they do not deserve to have anything to do with decisions of such importance.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Interestingly, I just learned that Haspel WAS responsible for the destruction of the videotapes of said waterboarding.  I love the fact that Clapper, Panetta, and Hayden all support her.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now the real trick is to find out how many other media outlets, and assorted pundits, politicians, and tweeters who so gleefully trumpeted this when it was first reported will issue retractions themselves.....

They will not.

@truth_seeker Neither will McCain.  "Bernie's" puppet master will just quietly drop the subject and make another play for sympathy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

I love the fact that Clapper, Panetta, and Hayden all support her.

Really?

That gives me SERIOUS pause.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Really?

That gives me SERIOUS pause.

I detected a /SARC tag in Laura's comment...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

I detected a /SARC tag in Laura's comment...

Foolish me...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Foolish me...

Could be Foolish Me.  I'm just guessing that nobody's that naive. :shrug:  (Not her anyway, she's shown a lot of intelligence, we just disagree on things.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

@DB @Cyber Liberty
Hey there!  Sorry I,wasn't clear.  It is accurate that Panetta, Hayden, and Clapper support Haspel.  I thought it was ironic that she is supposed to be a great conservative choice. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@DB @Cyber Liberty
Hey there!  Sorry I,wasn't clear.  It is accurate that Panetta, Hayden, and Clapper support Haspel.  I thought it was ironic that she is supposed to be a great conservative choice.

That's what I thought....If Clapper supports her, I think Trump should search a bit more before making her the head of the CIA.  I'll bet Brennan likes her too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

That's what I thought....If Clapper supports her, I think Trump should search a bit more before making her the head of the CIA.  I'll bet Brennan likes her too.

@Cyber Liberty Yep, I get the feeling she is popular with "the intelligence community".  And thanks for your vote of confidence ;).