Author Topic: Data from connected cars will be exploited, monetized by car companies; most drivers have absolutel  (Read 368 times)

rangerrebew

Data from connected cars will be exploited, monetized by car companies; most drivers have absolutely no idea it has already begun

Friday, March 16, 2018 by: David Williams   

(Natural News) Lots of cars now come standard with built-in cellular networking technology. Whether a car is autonomous or not is completely irrelevant. Car companies have been selling so-called smart cars for many years now.

But just like regular cellphones, which also connect to cellular networks, these cars tend to store personally identifiable information (PII) about you. And this information sometimes gets sold to third-party services. That’s right, smart cars – or connected cars – can be open to pretty much the same exact thing that phones are as far as your personal data and privacy are concerned.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-16-data-from-connected-cars-will-be-monetized-by-car-companies.html

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Of course it is/will. I already see it with my connected car. It notifies my phone via and app of everything going on, where I'm at, etc. Not just the infotainment system. I've been lately seeing ads related to where I go in my car on the web and Facebook. I even got a coupon in the mail from an oil change place saying my car is just about to hit xx miles, come in for service.

Offline endicom

Of course it is/will. I already see it with my connected car. It notifies my phone via and app of everything going on, where I'm at, etc. Not just the infotainment system. I've been lately seeing ads related to where I go in my car on the web and Facebook. I even got a coupon in the mail from an oil change place saying my car is just about to hit xx miles, come in for service.

If they have that info then everyone does. Where you've gone and when and if you have passengers. Your conversations can be captured.