Author Topic: GOP Leadership Is Going To Fund Sanctuary Cities  (Read 608 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Leadership Is Going To Fund Sanctuary Cities
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:17:34 pm »

Exclusive: GOP Leadership Is Going To Fund Sanctuary Cities

Robert Donachie
Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter
10:45 AM 03/16/2018

Republican leadership is going to fund sanctuary cities in the must-pass spending bill next week, giving Democrats a huge victory while simultaneously undercutting conservatives who put them in power, a senior GOP aide told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“House and Senate leadership has rolled over and played dead on border security. When it comes to a border wall, they say it is not our problem. When it comes to funding sanctuary cities, they say it is not our problem. What they are essentially saying is we are going to pass bills with more Democrats than Republicans,” the aide told TheDCNF. “This is a sign to administration that leadership doesn’t care what the White House wants. Even though GOP members ran on these issues. Conservatives mean it. The administration means it.”

The White House is arguably more serious about immigration policy than any other campaign promise President Donald Trump made in 2016.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/16/gop-sanctuary-cities-omnibus-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: GOP Leadership Is Going To Fund Sanctuary Cities
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 04:36:17 pm »
Early drafts of the spending bill, which are being kept under “lock and key,” a GOP aide told TheDCNF, include Planned Parenthood funding, Obamacare subsidies, gun control legislation, a large tax on internet sales, and a host of other policies completely against Republican campaign promises.

“This is why guys like Rick Saccone lose. The expectations for Republicans to maintain control ought to be very low. Republicans want to run on this platform of tax cuts and ‘my name is not Nancy (Pelosi),'” national grassroots conservative organization ForAmerica President David Bozell told TheDCNF. “How much currency does the ‘we aren’t Pelosi’ have anymore? This is not 2012. These are base races. You have to have your base energized for you, and giving Democrats everything they want is going to keep base voters at home.”

Why elect Pubs if they are going to do what the Rats want.

I'm sure we'll get the same old response that the Rats would be worse, but would they really? I think the traitor inside is worse than the enemy we see outside.

It seems the only thing the Pubs can be counted on is to lower taxes. They really don't seem to care about preserving the Republic.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 04:40:42 pm »
Early drafts of the spending bill, which are being kept under “lock and key,” a GOP aide told TheDCNF, include Planned Parenthood funding, Obamacare subsidies, gun control legislation, a large tax on internet sales, and a host of other policies completely against Republican campaign promises.

“This is why guys like Rick Saccone lose. The expectations for Republicans to maintain control ought to be very low. Republicans want to run on this platform of tax cuts and ‘my name is not Nancy (Pelosi),'” national grassroots conservative organization ForAmerica President David Bozell told TheDCNF. “How much currency does the ‘we aren’t Pelosi’ have anymore? This is not 2012. These are base races. You have to have your base energized for you, and giving Democrats everything they want is going to keep base voters at home.”

Why elect Pubs if they are going to do what the Rats want.

I'm sure we'll get the same old response that the Rats would be worse, but would they really? I think the traitor inside is worse than the enemy we see outside.

It seems the only thing the Pubs can be counted on is to lower taxes. They really don't seem to care about preserving the Republic.

No, they don't. They are just part of the single party Oligarchy that beguiles their membership into believing they actually oppose the Democrats and stand for the Constitution.

The Republican party supports the Democrats and is working with them to dismantle the Constitution.  The fruits are self-evident.

It's time to get off the plantation and into something different.  The GOP is every bit the enemy to Conservative and principles of liberty that the Democrats are.  They just differ in how they are imposed, applied and managed.  That is all.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 04:49:41 pm »
Exclusive: GOP Leadership Is Going To Fund Sanctuary Cities

Robert Donachie
Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter
10:45 AM 03/16/2018

Republican leadership is going to fund sanctuary cities in the must-pass spending bill next week, giving Democrats a huge victory while simultaneously undercutting conservatives who put them in power, a senior GOP aide told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“House and Senate leadership has rolled over and played dead on border security. When it comes to a border wall, they say it is not our problem. When it comes to funding sanctuary cities, they say it is not our problem. What they are essentially saying is we are going to pass bills with more Democrats than Republicans,” the aide told TheDCNF. “This is a sign to administration that leadership doesn’t care what the White House wants. Even though GOP members ran on these issues. Conservatives mean it. The administration means it.”

The White House is arguably more serious about immigration policy than any other campaign promise President Donald Trump made in 2016.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/16/gop-sanctuary-cities-omnibus-bill/

Legally, there is strong precedent that you can't bar all federal funds from a state just because it is defying federal wishes in some respects.  The 55 mph speed limit, which initially penalized all highway funds if states didn't comply, was struck down by the Supreme Court.  Likewise, the part of Obamaare that sought to deprive states of all Medicaid funds if they didn't agree to the Medicaid expansion also was struck down by the Supreme Court.  The funds being withheld must be directly related to the state's refusal to join the particular federal policy at issue.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:06:11 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:38:56 pm »
Business as usual.  Damn the torpedoes!  Full speed ahead!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 03:31:11 am »

America
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 03:39:34 am »

Folks, not a lot is going to change till after Mid-Terms.

There is a real chance at a huge Senate pickup. One that will place the three or four votes hobbling it now... place them as irrelevant.

The boat is not going to be rocked till next year....if at all.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 03:43:40 am »
With this kind of BS, it's no wonder they keep pushing the tax cuts as a campaign issue, but voters don't care.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 04:11:26 am »
With this kind of BS, it's no wonder they keep pushing the tax cuts as a campaign issue, but voters don't care.

Its cut then tax.  Like the gas tax.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 04:24:36 am »
Of course they are. Like Obamacare, building a wall and any number of other election time claims verses what they actually do.

If you get invested into what the GOP says you will be in a constant state of anger with feelings of betrayal - over and over. I've moved on. I don't believe a word any of them say anymore. To believe them only leads to the exposure of my gullibility and the shame that follows. No more (for awhile now).